Sign in to follow this  
devere

Hitr and other AI questions

Finally found my CFS3 disc 1, and so reinstalled OFF, after a long absence. However I'm finding the AI a little bit below expectations, especailly at low alt where it seems to think dolphin diving into the dirt is the best option for survival.

I have heard that the Hitr expansion improves the AI drastically - is this so, and does it cure this lemming style behavior? Failing that do any of the mods improve the AI at all?

Cheers in advance for any input chaps.

Welcome over Flanders fields, devere! New guy buys the drinks, remember...

Now to your question:

yes, HitR and especially the patches that followed and belong to it, improved the AI on many aspects.

The "Lemming-behaviour" was mostly eliminated. But of course, badly damaged kites which have fought

their way spiralling down with their foes, may still end in the trees, or crawl along low.

The overall AI behaviour was much improved - they became much more lethal in their actions.

You also have three choices for AI in "Workshop":

- a more lurking, more passive AI that will only make attacks when they see a good chance

- an aggressive AI

- or a mix of both; OBD call it "historical". Here they are more careful in the earlier war;

and more aggressive in the later period. The sim will blend both for you

IMHO the AI had grown up after HitR and patches - it is much harder now to even survive half a year

with the "aggressive AI". Are you ready for that?

There was something else... - ah, the drinks! I'll have a virtual "Andechs Spezial Hell", please!

Edited by Olham

Newguy Olham? I've actually an old hand at this! In fairness tho I'm not all that active on this forum, and I'm normally in the first eagles section. Still, I will stand you that drink for the well written and concise reply :cool:

Actually its the devs who should buy you a drink, as I bought the expansion this afternoon based on your recommendation.

Definately a step in the right direction. The AI seems to have lost the suicidal slam dive behaviour, so thats good. Funny enough on my first test flight, me in a N17 against an albi D2, I was so busy watching the AI that I slammed into the deck :oops:

I've been playing with a few of the settings you mention, but it still sometimes lacks a little vim and vigour. Still early days, and there are certainly enough other improvments to have made the purchase worth while, so thanks for the help sir.

Still, I will stand you that drink for the well written and concise reply

Cheers, mate!

Actually its the devs who should buy you a drink, as I bought the expansion this afternoon based on your recommendation.

Yeah, well, they must be Scotch - they even save promising me a drink. Mmuahahahaaa!!!

Definately a step in the right direction. The AI seems to have lost the suicidal slam dive behaviour, so thats good. 

The new AI in WOFF is said to be much improved again. It can decide about attack chances.

And it can be unaware, and give you a chance to sneak up on it.

Funny enough on my first test flight, me in a N17 against an albi D2, I was so busy watching the AI that I slammed into the deck

Yo, we Albatros love that trick - we fly our sleak bird around the opponent and blind him emotionally

with the sheer beauty of our craft. Happens often that they just forget to fly.

It shows, that the British and French have good taste!

I've been playing with a few of the settings you mention, but it still sometimes lacks a little vim and vigour. Still early days...

Wait until you come to 1918 (if you should ever make it so long)! ... Mmuahahahahaaa!!!!

Edited by Olham