Polovski

WINGS Over Flanders Fields - Development Progress

Coming from Lou, un créateur des médailles sans pareil (excepting Paarma of course) I'd expect nothing less than excellent and excellent is what we have.

They have to feature a generic aircraft else folks would object to seeing a Camel/Albatros/Nieuport/SE5/SPAD/Pfalz/Fokker/Whatever always in the gunsight, plus no one round here would accept any such thing as a 'generic' WW1 machine!

Edited by Dej

Lou is welcome to create as many sets as he likes for as many themes as we have. I have not placed that restriction on him, nor will I counsel him on his terrific decision to use our logo in the primary set.

I understand Erik. I just wanted to have some fun with Lou.

Robert, I would love to make a WWI version of these honours and considered doing just that.  But as Dej has so rightly pointed out, how would we ever come to a consensus as to which kite should be in the cross hairs.  And Eric is being far too modest about these new baubles as he had an active hand in them as well with his valuable insight, suggestions, and feedback.

Pol, apologies for this sidetrack from your initial post.  I am waiting impatiently for the soon-to-be release of WOFF.   :hyper:

Robert, I would love to make a WWI version of these honours and considered doing just that.  But as Dej has so rightly pointed out, how would we ever come to a consensus as to which kite should be in the cross hairs.  And Eric is being far too modest about these new baubles as he had an active hand in them as well with his valuable insight, suggestions, and feedback.

Pol, apologies for this sidetrack from your initial post.  I am waiting impatiently for the soon-to-be release of WOFF.   :hyper:

Hi Lou;

I guess I should have made it more clear. My comments were all in Jest, hence the use of the smileliest. Just wanted to have some fun with you. Never intended that you should make any changes and I recognized that the avatar selection made perfect sense. Sorry for all the feedback I generated. No need to reply

I'm just posting this to see if I have a fancy new medal...!

And also to add (again) that I'm tickled pink that Pol has announced that they are into internal beta!  Yippee!

eta:  OOOH, Look at that!  I got one!

Edited by HumanDrone

Hi Lou;

I guess I should have made it more clear. My comments were all in Jest, hence the use of the smileliest. Just wanted to have some fun with you. Never intended that you should make any changes and I recognized that the avatar selection made perfect sense. Sorry for all the feedback I generated. No need to reply

No worries Robert, I knew you were joking Sir.  None-the-less I honestly had thought about doing a version of the new medals for our OFF forums here.  :smile:

(On the original topic) :)

What a welcome bit of news this is!!  Particularly with the developments in the 'other sim' of late (not the least of which, releasing it on that gawdawful POS Steam, and the 'other title' commanding development resources)...I am waiting, with bated breath, the release of WOFF.

It is interesting to see, amid the evolution of any products, which are whored out to the common dollar, and which continue to be products based primarily on a genuine concern for the customer's best interest.  I hope to God that OBD never decides to make such dreadful moves.

The screenshots and information shared so far are wonderful.  As before, OBD continues to do amazing work with this product.

Wow, just back from holiday to find that WOFF is 2 weeks away and I have a new medal.

Great stuff.

• Like 1

I lost my password and have spent ages trying to get a new one.  This 'Capcha' software is supposed to fool computers and it certainly fools me :blink:  I had to have quite a few goes to get the 'word' right - and of course it is not a word at all but a random collection of letters.  I have had trouble on other web sites that use this program. 

Anyway, hello to you all - I just wanted to see if I got a medal.  As I never got one in my 7 years in the RAF (no wars going on at that time) I wonder what I will get - if anything. 

Hmmmm.  I see it says I am in the U.S. Air Force which is a lie....  

Edited by JimAttrill

Hey, Jim, nice to see you again!

So you were in the RAF - perhaps you need to send a PM to Dave or Erik?

However - you received one!

Captcha - Yes those are tricky. There's an audio button and those are much shorter but I agree still take some mental processing. That's kind of the point of captcha is that computers (automation) still can't reason.

Badge - I've updated your badge, I'm not really sure how you got plugged into the USAF Vets, but rightly so we've corrected that oversight.

Thank you for your service.

Hi Olham, I have been too busy recently to fly OFF much but intend have more practice.  The aircraft in my Avatar has changed from an FE2b to the Armstrong-Whitworth Argosy in which I flew all over the Far East in 1968-9.  The photo was taken at Gan in the Maldives.  I was not aircrew, but an engine fitter as was my father.  He started on Vickers Vimy's back in 1922 the same aircraft that flew the Atlantic.  He left the RAF in 1958 and I joined in 1966 serving until 1973.  My main time in the RAF was spent at Wildenrath in Germany with the first NATO Harrier squadron, no 4.  I loved it in Germany and in fact left the RAF because they wouldn't send me back there!  I then went to Saudi on Frightenings and came to SA doing my last aircraft work in 1976.  I do miss the aircraft technical business which was my first love but eventually got educated and then into computers.  More or less retired now at age 65. 

The only problem I have with OFF is that I can only fly at night as there is too much light where my office and computer is for TrackIR.  And often at night I have had enough of the computer. 

I do see that I am now in the Royal Air Force again.  Thank you whoever changed that.  Not that I have any objections to the USAF having wanted to join them at one time :biggrin:

Read the post before yours - site owner Erik changed it.

As for the light: if there is a window behind you, you could use a window shade?

Maybe it's not the light, but how the TrackIR is set up.

It should best be 50 - 60 cm away from your head clip, with a free "view" to it,

whatever movements you make during flight.

Don't know Wildenrath, but thank you for the compliments on Germany, Jim.

I know that I have trouble with TrackIR whenever the lamp behind me is turned on, or even if the overhead light is too bright.  I have the overhead light on a dimmer switch so that I can still see the keyboard but the camera doesn't get confused.  The poor camera is simply looking for bright spots of light, so your reflections have to be well above ambient.  I'm sure you're aware of that, JimAtrill, but for the sake of others who may come along...

Hope you get it fixed!  That "two weeks" is getting shorter all the time!

My computers at a 90 degree angle to the light from the window, and i initially had problems with it until i put a small greenhouse outside in the garden - thats reduced the glare although the result wasnt intentional!!

excellent news on the beta test - now where did i put my cheque book .....