Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Vengeur

Air & ground counters for FE

Air & ground counters for FE

This mod provides you with a batch of colorful, reduced-size, more immersive counters, devoted to each of the nationalities that could be present in First Eagles, including possible new theaters. Besides having a more attractive map and less confused stacks, you can also find more easily the units you're after. As a rule, the counters with rectangular national flags and division device show the ground units, those with national ensigns and warships shapes the naval units, while the counters with roundels concern the air units.

This pack may seem redundant after Stephen1918's. However, I was preparing these counters since long as part of a major upgrade for my former Medals Pack for FE. As this work still needs time, I provide the counters here in a separate delivery: they won't be included any more in the new Medals Pack. My counters are also different from Stephen's in two regards, in continuity with my former various counters packs for SF1: first, I kept loyal to the smaller 24x24 size for FE1, enjoyable on large-scale maps with crowded stacks; and second, I kept on using the colors of national uniforms and usual aircraft skins as my counters' background colors, rather than generic colors by sides, thus favoring immersion over immediate readibility. This makes my pack an alternative rather than a redundancy: the choice is still yours.

• Of course, this mod provides all of the counters needed for the nations present in First Eagles' campaigns on the Western Front, and also in the add-ons available at Combatace giving access to the Italian and Eastern Fronts. Some variant counters have been included, for aesthetic purpose only, for example several German air counters to reflect the changes in German markings and development of camo skins.

• Ottoman counters have been added for operations on the Palestine map, Romanian counters considering a possible extension of the Eastern Front, Bulgarian, Serbian and Greek counters for a possible development of a Balkan Front. Soviet and Polish counters have been added in the case of scenarios about the Russian Civil War or the Soviet-Polish War.

• Ground counters have been included for units of the British Empire present on various fronts ( Australia, Canada, India and New Zealand ); and there are even ground counters for “anecdotal” units which once served on the Western Front, such as the two Portuguese divisions decimated during Operation Georgette ( April 1918 ), or the Polish and Czech Legions wearing French blue uniforms engaged during the last offensives in Champagne. However, safe for the Australians and Poles, none of these nations is listed in the game's Nations file (FirstEagles/Flight folder). This can be remedied by small tricks explained in the ReadMe file.

• Finally, naval counters have even been included for FE2 air-sea scenarios or campaigns taking place in the North Sea, or elsewhere yet to come ( Adriatic, Baltic, Dardanelles... ).

A small folder has been added to fix a problem in my former Medals Pack for FE, that prevented the counters of the Royal Naval Air Service ( a new Nation created especially for that mod ) to appear on the Planning Map. It will be fully solved in a later upgrade for that mod, yet to come.