Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

2 icon installs for dcs world?

Hi, i jsut got back into dcs world and nloticed on my pc two dcs world icons to start the game instead of one. One is gray colored, the other is a green icon;same with multiplayer; I installed it ages ago and for life of me cant understand why there;s two. i dont think there was a demo. They are both on the same external drive. just got mi-8 and trying to install. But question is shd there be one or two?

That's normal there should be 2 

Good luck with the Mi-8 - should be fun

One is for MP only, the other brings you to the main menu where there is also an MP option. It's been like that since Black Shark 1.

Edited by JediMaster

Hi, I uninstalled and reinstalled dcs world. I had 1.21 on my hd and then updated to latest update, the 1.26. Now when i go to run it, with the su-25t default in quick mission or instant action, it says only one instance is allowed and wont run. Any ideas here. The desktop icons are back to one of each, single and multiplayer.

Edited by dsawan

well, fixed that as dcs.exe was running in background under task manager servcies,i believe a second one running, so now that error message doesnt come up. now when i start, it cvrashes to dektop;get this error now:

Any ideas here?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dcs.exe
Application Version: 1.2.6.17746
Application Timestamp: 5225ac11
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.30319.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba1dbbe
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001ed7
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

That MS dll error makes me think you maybe need to rerun the redists that come with DCS. Go to the /distr directory in DCS and rerun vcredist_x64 and vc2010redist_x64 and maybe DXSETUP in the DirectX folder too. Can't hurt.