Sign in to follow this  
amariani

Numbers and letters

what country?

like ww2 Lufwaffe, IJA/IJN??? Soviet??

in PS there's a 'border' command in Modify --> border --> (set spacing).

I've used it, but they didn't look quite right (for ww2 LW). I have a PSD of ww2 Japanese numbers and characters that I got from simmerspaintshop

In general, no specific country. I was just wondering if there was a way to making them using Gimp since I don't have PS.

well, I'm sure there must be!! I just don't know what it is!!! :biggrin:

here's the psd with the IJN numbers. the real bitch with this, is you'll have to copy/paste OUT the individual ones you want, effectively creating a NEW psd for the number sequence you want to create. That's what I had to do for the IJN number I did for the Kates, Vals, and Zekes.

hopefully, there's enough "colors" for you

The only gimp tutorial I ever saw on the subject had you create two layers, one small letter, or number, the other layer a larger letter, or number underneath it, on the second layer.  Never tried it, as it seemed a rather tedious way to do it.

Get painshop pro 7.04 from or such from  oldversions.com.  free time limited..

I use it primarily for skins etc...and use photoshop for stuff it cant do..

its simple for stuff like this...lines etc too...

post-1981-0-96537800-1378695875.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Very briefly and from memory - Make them quite big (at least 512 x 512) in the 'main' colour then select that colour and add a border of about 2,3 or 4 pixels (experiment) and fill with your new colour (sometimes I'll do this with a brush with a feathered border). Then I'd normally scale them back down depending on whether they are serial numbers or individual letters and lower the opacity to suit.