Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Boost your CPU

Anyone tried this:

http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

Have seen improvements regarding stuttering on a DCS and BMS (only basic testing on SF2NA so far)

Basically stops cores on your CPU being put into park mode and makes them available all the time.

So if you have a multicore CPU like mine (mine has 4 cores and 8 virtual cores) then it may help

• Benefits depend on your system and configuration. 
  • Use at own risk. 
  • Yes you may be able to get better results by setting up your graphics drivers properly etc

• Like 1

I think CoreParking mostly pertains to older operating systems

In this case the difference is probably down to older applications such as Falcon 4 being designed for single core CPUs - whereas SF2 has had a lot of programming changes made specifically for multicore CPUs.

The idea is if none of your cores are parked then they are all available instantaneously. I would have to check but in the single Core CPU days I would be surprised if parking was ever used except in prolonged idle states.