Sign in to follow this  
CrazyhorseB34

RUSH the movie

If you mean this one then defo - cant wait

Tried to get to premiere this week but no luck so will see it next week when its out here

No man it is a historical drama about the 1976 F1 season, focusing on the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. Directed by Ron Howard.

• Like 1

This looks awesome and makes me want to watch Le Mans again

I ment the overly dramatized race scenes. just not interested. But I hope you guys enjoy it.

It's Formula 1 in the 1970s. It's fast, dangerous, and the word "safety" is only starting to become a part of a driver's vocabulary.

Absofrigginlutely. My favorite car, my favorite driver, I'm in.

Well being an Englishman in Austria I will be going to see it with a Union Jack... :lol:

Edited by Slartibartfast

Yep will rave about this to the world it was truly the best film I have seen in years - if not ever (Even the GF loved it) - amazing story, even though the only thing I know about Niki Lauda was that I had a Niki Lauda Scalextric set when I was about 5!!

Now I just have to wait 30 years till the next great film based on this rate  :biggrin:

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 1

Been on holiday so just seen this, f**king brilliant!

I'm just about old enough to remember this when it when it happened and I think the film gave it very fair treatment whilst making it highly entertaining.

"The closer you are to death, the more alive you feel."

Damn! Ain't that the truth...

Looking at footage of the actual crash and the events of that season it seems they have been pretty accurate - even the bit about Hesketh racing - just a bunch of rich toffs - hilarious!!!

The casting wasnt far off either

8M7VtxE.jpg

Did not see the movie, but I just hope that this Rush has nothing to do with Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, Rush Hour 3, etc...

It is safe to say that Rush has as much to do with those films as it does Star Wars, Avatar, Sink the Bismarck, Tora Tora Tora, or Yojimbo.

Just saw Rush and recommend it to anyone that likes Formula 1 racing.  Very well done and reminds me of Gran Prix (the movie) from that era staring a young Tommy Lee Jones.  One main difference is that this is a true story of the 1976 competition between Niki Lauda and James Hunt.  Highly recommend this movie to all of you action-type movie lovers.

Saw this last night and I really enjoyed it.  Hemsworth was quite good.