Sign in to follow this  
Heck

Sim lite? How about Sim None.

Just looped a 109e3 8 consecutive loops after takeoff.  Using Baffmeister's data.ini, which is the BEST out there.  Definitely going to find my July 2012 SF2NA installer (I lost all the other July 2012 installers except SF2 Europe and SF2 V) and see if WW2 will run off just that.  Can't stand the arcade crap when it comes to flight models.

ps.  A good discovery.  Just hooked one of my old computers up to my monitor to check, and I have my old May 2012 installations intact on that computer.  The only ones missing are SF2 (which I bought after August 2012 and probably won't miss) and SF2NA, which I do have a pure July 2012 installer for.  So, it's time for some rebuilding, but it'll be worth it, because at least I'll have flight models worthy of the work that Baffmeister, Fubar, and others put into them.  Hats off to all the flight modelers here, at least they believe in accuracy, as much as that's possible in the Strike Fighters world.  Now I a happy camper.  Just wondering what's next in the Thirdwire world though, fly through a yellow circle in the sky, hear a chime, and all your missiles magically reappear?  Leveling up?

Edited by Heck

I think it's an anomaly, don't know how well are propeller drive planes and piston engines simulated in SF2...

Did you try with stock P-51 for example?

I had the same experience with another user-made WWII plane, maybe a P-47?    It would lift off the runway at 10 kts if you pulled back on the stick.  I poked around in the data.ini and decided that this is waaaay above my paygrade.   Modeling FM's from scratch must be a very tricky business.

Edited by arthur666

Heck, you're still going to need the Desert terrain cat for a LOT of terrains that reference it.**

however, it's quite easy to use the old 08 Level one, you just need to extract the data ini into the terrain folder, and may the necessary changes to bring it to SF2 shader levels.

If you need help with that, let me know.

**= a desert terrain folder will need to be created in every mods folder, and the full desert.cat placed within it.

OR...

place desert.cat in the central game install

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Terrains

THEN, extract main and data inis, place in individual **name of mods folder**/Terrains/Desert folder, and adjust the data in from there.

Actually, quite easy.

Works in FE/FE2 as well.

Edited by Wrench

So you've come to the WW2 forum to bitch about a third-party product that you're flying in a famously cold-war 'lite' sim. I understand that TK's offered you your money back so why not just accept it with good grace and withdraw to the sidelines?

Heck, you're still going to need the Desert terrain cat for a LOT of terrains that reference it.**

however, it's quite easy to use the old 08 Level one, you just need to extract the data ini into the terrain folder, and may the necessary changes to bring it to SF2 shader levels.

If you need help with that, let me know.

**= a desert terrain folder will need to be created in every mods folder, and the full desert.cat placed within it.

OR...

place desert.cat in the central game install

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Terrains

THEN, extract main and data inis, place in individual **name of mods folder**/Terrains/Desert folder, and adjust the data in from there.

Actually, quite easy.

Works in FE/FE2 as well.

Thanks, Wrench.  I'll keep it in mind.  I appreciate the help.