Sign in to follow this  
Airglow

looking for a modder

Hi,

I have an high poly 3D model, when I try to create the lod file an error appears but after optimizing it, it works, all parts seem to be separated, so I need someone who can help me importing it in game and animate it.

Thanks

Largest mesh (say fuselage) size is 5000 polys max to export (I think) .

Largest mesh (say fuselage) size is 5000 polys max to export (I think) .

yes how could I reduce it?

Depend's on what mesh shape it is. What version of MAX are you using?

9000 is a bit much, the fastest way, If you split the mesh into 2-3 piece where one of them keeps the "Fuselage" mesh name and the others can be named anything else, like "Fuselage_front", "Fuselage_aft" or the name you like. Then later you can fiddle with removing extra or not needed lines and vertices.

Also important to link the meshes where the top most mesh is the one named "Fuselage".

9000 is a bit much, the fastest way, If you split the mesh into 2-3 piece where one of them keeps the "Fuselage" mesh name and the others can be named anything else, like "Fuselage_front", "Fuselage_aft" or the name you like. Then later you can fiddle with removing extra or not needed lines and vertices.

Also important to link the meshes where the top most mesh is the one named "Fuselage".

hey mate,

got it, I've splitted the fuselage in 2 parts (nose and fuselage) but 3ds max crashed everytime I tried to export it, the problem were the seats, 11.000 polygons each!! ahahah

Check downloads for seats....depending on whatever aircraft you are making,there may be a seat already made....there are some good detailed seats available that arent too high poly....saves u making them

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

Maybe you should delete the seats from the model and add them as seperate seats?

For example look at the add on ejection seats:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12475-aces-ii-ejection-seat-for-f-16/

Edit:

What Russo says! ;-)

Posted the same time... *gg*

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

thanks, could you tell me how to find out coordinates for the "position=" voice? is it related to 3ds max, right?

example: Position=0.0,4.10,0.86

Edited by Airglow

set a point where pilots eyes would be in ur model...ie  0.0.?.?

@ Soul   :fan:

Edited by russouk2004