The Black Sea Terrain was resurrected this morning and will be given what I hope will be a substantial facelift.

Roads, rivers will be added as well as CVBG zones for red and blue forces on the water map.

There will be two new enemy forces added, Ukrainian forces loyal to the USSR and Russia, which hopefully will get us past that damned strike mission bug where all you can hit is the carrier.

The TFD and HFD will be altered to give a more accurate representation (hopefully) of the Black Sea.

Also, after I do a few more projects, I would like to create an entirely new Black Sea terrain for modern warfare that is far more accurately scaled, call it 'Black Sea Future Project'.

The terrain will be hosted both at SimHQ and here.  Keep watching for updates.

Today's update:  Basic functionality tests completed for the terrain, .ini files altered to answer some basic questions I had.  Water map functions for blue side, have not tested Red side CVBGs yet.

• Like 8

Red and Blue carrier units operate perfectly with the new water map.

Red and Blue air defenses populate just fine.

Now taking a look at Off-Map airbases to see if it will work.

If you need assistance with populating the terrain, call me!!!!

The terrain is pretty much already populated.  I might add more "dummy cities" to make the terrain a little more interesting, but the big thing I want to add are rivers and roads.

• Like 1

Hasn't really changed much from the original in terms of looks, but I'll update it as the look changes.

I'm really looking forward to it mate, will be nice to make some low level intruder ops in soviet planes.

Just a small bump. I'm eagerly awaiting this terrain for several possible conflicts. Hope you can release it soon. Thanks!

Stratos, you are frustrating me : I believed that the thread was in the "file annoucement section"  :blackeye:

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

Stratos, you are frustrating me : I believed that the thread was in the "file annoucement section"  black%20eye.gif

Hehehe sorry, but I think we need to say we're really happy to see this one in the works, hope PFunk sees this and post a small update or a pic for Soulfreak :D