Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Look what I found in the archives....

be perfect for the late war scenairos of the reduction of Formasa, (fast carrier raids).

unfortunately, it uses the BN series tiles, and will need a complete makeover, like New Guinea got, to use the VietnamSEA tiles. Plenty of room for CV stations, too, it looks like. Clark, Lingyan and all the little strips in north Luzon are all easily accessable (with the limits of The Wall).

Don't expect it this year, though

• Like 1

Is that Formosa from the 1st gen downloads?

yah, the 2005 Taiwan map (fng2k's work, I think -- there's no read me)

would be a decent "modern" one, too, as one could make use of Clark for large land-based bombers and such like

and if I'm reading my charts correctly, that notch in the coastline to the s/w is Hong Kong and Canton, with Hinan island just poking it's nose in (behind The Wall, of course)

On my trip to Colorado I recovered the hard drives from my 2003 computer and I lost the main drive, but the other two have lots of files from the Biohas days and after (2003 to 2007) also files that CA lost in the crash Way back, and 300+ Zip's on disk. I get some time and I'll post a list.

• Like 2

well, in doing research last night -in trying to run down the locations of the major ww2 airbases both on the mainland and Formosa, came across a Gen-u-wine US Navy 1944/45 booklet on "Air Target Maps and Photos - China Coast Ningpo to Canton"

this is a sample of one of the charts. this is the main 'overview' chart. there are details charts that are unbelievable!! -- right down to 'known' AA locations!!

looks like i got a job of work to do....

(and yes, Hong Kong, Macau and Canton ARE on the map)

Edited by Wrench