Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Why i like the NSA

post-3395-0-17433700-1379699032.jpg

Oh damn, i made no backup!

No problem at all. I call the NSA. It has surely made two of them...

:biggrin:

• Like 5

:lol:  :lol:  :good:

now i know where to turn to if i have a HD crash

Edited by ravenclaw_007

:lol:

post-81039-0-49520300-1379701822.jpg

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 2

Snowden is a creep and a traitor, but he did call out the DNI for lying to Congress. A Navy Captain can screw a subordinate and get fired, but the Director of National Intelligence can lie to Congress and still press on. Accountability is not universally applied though it should be................

Politicians are not held to the same high standards as a member of the military. Or a burger flipper at McD's.

All people are equal. But some are more equal... (Orwell)

Anyway if the US govt betrayed the US people, did the traitor of US govt betrayed the US people? Good question.

• Like 1

Snowden is a creep and a traitor, but he did call out the DNI for lying to Congress. A Navy Captain can screw a subordinate and get fired, but the Director of National Intelligence can lie to Congress and still press on. Accountability is not universally applied though it should be................

Okay, from day one I've never understood this sentiment, maybe you can help me because I really don't get it. I would have figured you Americans would have been MEGA-PISSED to discover your conspiracy theorists and foil hatters were right all along about big brother, governmental intrusion, et al. I mean, he discovers the government of the day is violating the constitution by grossly violating the freedoms of it's citizens via a huge secret network of data gathering with only one failsafe that pretty much does as they are told. I don't get how this is traitorous behaviour. I mean, yeah, holing up in Russia was never, ever going to look good, but to me, that seems like such a lower priority compared to the government violating it's constitution. I mean, it's not like he sold national secrets to China or allowed them to hack into something super sensitive government system. Is this an intrinsically American thing, like cheese whiz, Danny McBride's relative popularity or why the ground floor is marked as 1 in a lift, when it should clearly marked G, then the first floor you travel to is 1, or something else that foreigners simply don't get about you guys?

Thought about this a bit, SayWhatt, and have come to the conclusion that there are two separate things here with Snowden.  The revelations from any source, that the representatives of our clandestine services are involved in activities that are outside their charter is a serious and unacceptable situation that must be fixed. 

The revelations from Snowden and, hence, my distress with the individual is the traitorous actions he took in making his concerns public using foreign nations as his forum.  We have a very good and stringent "Whistleblower" programs that could have handled his complaints within the system.   This is very American in that we work within the system to resolve things that are wrong.  Snowden's flitting around the world to America's military competitors (Russia and China) and making his statement to whatever mic is available is about as far from the proper way to resolve the issues as you can get and puts his actions into the category of the actions of a traitor.   The guy took an oath to secure the information he was entrusted with.  No way you can excuse a betrayal of that. 

Since China only kept him for a week and Russia kept him at the airport for several days, says to me that he did not have much in the way of Top Secret stuff anyway.  He is enjoying an extended vacation in Russia with limited political utility to the Russians.   He will be paying for his indiscretions for many years to come.  Good news is that the US taxpayer will not have to pay for his upkeep.