Geary

How do I get 2 VietnamSEA terrains in the same install?

I would like to have 2 terrains, the stock VietnamSEA terrain and the YAP3 VietnamSEA terrain in the same install. 

Both are named the same.

I've tried changing the folder and VietnamSEA.ini file name of the YAP terrain and the map shows up to select in the game, but CTD's when I try to fly it. 

It works fine unchanged for single missions, but doesn't allow campaign flying.

I've tried many changes of many of the files in the folder and either the map doesn't show up or CTD's when chosen.

I've tried things I read in the KB, but there are no references to this particular problem.  I've also tried emulating other terrains structures, ie.  South Vietnam terrain, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Just Change the name of the folder, for Example VietnamSEA_1 and VietnamSEA_2, not forgetting to change the VietnamSEA.ini to the same names, i have 2 of them working fine :D

Flogger23,

I tried that.  The map terrain shows up in the menu to select but crashes when I try to fly it.  It works fine when I don't change it.  It's got me stumped.

did you point the renamed terrain to the VietnamSEA.cat???

I would like to have 2 terrains, the stock VietnamSEA terrain and the YAP3 VietnamSEA terrain in the same install. 

Both are named the same.

I've tried changing the folder and VietnamSEA.ini file name of the YAP terrain and the map shows up to select in the game, but CTD's when I try to fly it. 

It works fine unchanged for single missions, but doesn't allow campaign flying.

I've tried many changes of many of the files in the folder and either the map doesn't show up or CTD's when chosen.

I've tried things I read in the KB, but there are no references to this particular problem.  I've also tried emulating other terrains structures, ie.  South Vietnam terrain, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

HI!!!

I may have a solutio.  Change the name of the original VietnamSEA folder (for instance, VietnamSEA2).

-Using the CAT extractor, extract all the files fro the terrain CAT to your new VietnamSEA2 folder.

-Change the names of the following files. Remember they must all be the same that your folder name (in this case, VietnamSEA2). The files are:

VietnamSEA.ini

VietnamSEA.HFD

VietnamSEA.TFD

Open the VietnamSEA.ini and where it says "TerrainFullName=" replace VietnamSEA for VietnamSEA2.   Save the changes

That's it. Try it, and if it still crashes, send me a PM!!!

And point the CAT file to VietnamSEA. Do you know how to do that?

did you point the renamed terrain to the VietnamSEA.cat???

Yes,  shows up as a selectable terrain in the maps menu, but CTD's when I try to fly.

EDIT:  Tried it in a clean WoV install and it seems to be working.  Guess I'll have to rebuild my WoV install and see what happens.

Thanks for the help, All.

Geary