Sign in to follow this  
MrGoTime

changing names on pilot roster?

Can you change the pilot names on the roster in the single player campaigns in the strike fighters 2 series? If so, how? Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit the namesus.lst from flight.cat, its allowed edit it and change the names

Edited by Hans Topp

Does that change the pool that names are pulled from? Or is it savegame specific?

Hans means

EXTRACTT the namesus.lst from flight.cat, place it in the /Flight folder

and yes, it changes the entire pool of names for the US, globally

so if i understand it correctly i can create my own names list and edit the squadrons.ini to use my names list?

or is it only possible to do this in the nations.ini?

Yes, you can create your own names.lst also ranks.lst in case the game does not have built in one already and place them as wrench said above, then you have to change the new file names in the nations.ini for example:

[Nation059]
Name=Hungary
DisplayName=Hungarian Air Force
Alignment=ENEMY
PilotNameList=NamesHungarian.lst
RankList=RanksHuAF.lst

Is there any way to edit an already generated squadron roster for a campaign? Or can one only change the pool.

EXTRACTT the namesus.lst from flight.cat, place it in the /Flight folder

Sorry for being so dense, but where is namesus.lst located? I've looked through the CAT files using the Extractor and all that shows up for the /Flight folder are FlightData.cat, FlightText.cat, MissionData001 to 007.cat and MissionText001 to 007.cat. None of them contain any names[x].lst files as far as I can tell. I've looked through the Menu .cat files and can't seem to find them there, either... If anyone could please point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Sabre103

you have to OPEN the cats with the extractor, scroll until you find the wanted find, then extract.

it'll create a separate folder (wherever you have the extractor pointed to) of the original named folder (think of it as a copy). From there, you can copy out the file and place it wherever it's supposed to go.

Now, OTH, having spent the last 10 minutes going through all the cats in the core install's /Flight ... I can tell you we got fucked again...

like the RWR lst, they no longer reside anywhere we can locate. (like ALL the lods, probably residing the locked-out ObjectDat002.cat

One may have to extract them for a 1stGen MissionData.cat

Edited by Wrench

you have to OPEN the cats with the extractor, scroll until you find the wanted find, then extract.

it'll create a separate folder (wherever you have the extractor pointed to) of the original named folder (think of it as a copy). From there, you can copy out the file and place it wherever it's supposed to go.

Now, OTH, having spent the last 10 minutes going through all the cats in the core install's /Flight ... I can tell you we got fucked again...

like the RWR lst, they no longer reside anywhere we can locate. (like ALL the lods, probably residing the locked-out ObjectDat002.cat

One may have to extract them for a 1stGen MissionData.cat

Thanks, Wrench. I did open them all, no sign of name lists... Glad it's not just me...my old hard drive has an install at an early 2010 patch level on it, I'll see if I can track them down there... Thanks again!

Edited by Sabre103

So...we're basically hosed? No changing the names on the roster? I haven't been able to explore this option yet...

In case someone has a June2011 install or prior, that extractor can still open the missiondata1.cat in the flight folder for extraction and you can modify or copy to newer version installs. On a side note, the NamesUS.lst has male and female names, and there are 2 other ones for the US - NamesUSAF.lst (only male) and NamesUSNMC.lst (only male)

The attached is the simple ..US.lst. Use it wisely.

NAMESUS.ZIP

Edited by logan4

FML.

So I have to remake the entire name roster for Sweden?

God damnit, TK. Getting tired of your shit.

• Like 1

There is a NAMESSWEDISH.LST built into the game already. One thing about it it only has male names. You only have to add the female ones if required.

NAMESSWEDISH.ZIP

Thanks, but I have already done so, using a list of the most common Swedish Male and Female Names.