Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Cyber Punk 2077 Teaser Trailer

Being developed by CD Projekt Red.  Based on book based RPG titled "Cyber Punk".  Not old enough to remember the game.  Anyways kick ass teaser trailer and the fact that CD Projekt Red's developing this gives me hope add to that they're working very closely with the creator of Cyber Punk, Mike Pondsmith.  Enjoy !

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

I'm old enough to have played that RPG quite much. Ah, the fever of a run in the combat zone of Night City 2020... Always chances to have problems with a cyberpsychotic cyborg that had been too heavily modified, just like this pretty chick in the video, and have the NCPD Cybersquad 'Max-Tac' intervene and terminate the threat in the way we can see. The rules of damages were ridiculously lax in that RPG, so the avatars were very enduring in such a killing universe, I just had a handful of very long-lasting ones. From these games, I remember mostly the problem with the neighbours for having the 1980-90s punk music tooloud too late at night.

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur

Sure, good old Cyberpunk RPG)) Actually I never played myself, I had to be the GM all the time ))))  In return I let them suffer dearly on every session ) I never forget the hunt for the alien cyberdeck - the one that rules all the network))))  It was fake... a bait.  Nice blood soaked sci-fi horror setting, it was)

I like the twist near the end of the trailer where its same the female character sitting with the cop from pysco squad who earlier in the trailer had a gun aimed at the back of her head when she went psycho.

I like the twist near the end of the trailer where its same the female character sitting with the cop from pysco squad who earlier in the trailer had a gun aimed at the back of her head when she went psycho.

Two hypotheses. First: the psychodoll has been reconditionned and recruited rather than executed on the spot. This can explain the same metallic scar received on her cheek. But while the Max-Tac heavily enhanced cyborgs are themselves on the edge of cyberpsychosis, they are not supposed to be former mass criminals. Second: as the music is dying between the two sequences, the chick cop may have had a break in the vehicle and played a little 'braindance' fantasy of her own on her neural system, with herself and her strong-and-silent colleague she has a crush on as the main characters. Quite twisted, but typical of this degenerate mankind.