so here it is the official Start to enhance/create a belivable Dhimar and Paran Airforce

from 1947 to 2020(i would suggest this timeframe for now)

suggestions and Project Help is welcome, but please nothing absurd or over the top

Dhimar -->European/US Tech (like Israel or Saudi Arabia)

-vipers

-phantoms

-maybe eagles

-later mirages(2000er)

-?tornado?

-corsair´s

-sabers

-intruders

Paran-->Euro/Soviet/China Tech(like Iraq)

-mig´s

-mirage´s

-early suchoi´s

-alpha jet

--?tornado?

EDIT: Many modders inluding me did something for these airforces. this topic is for coordination/standardisation(decals,colors....) and upgrading old work

Edited by dast24

What about:

Dhimar:

Late mark Spitfires

Meteors

Canberras

Sabres

Skyhawks

Phantoms

Vipers

Paran can go the way of mixed French/Soviet planes.

I think we should do sort of a timeline model to map out what the respective airforces got and when. Feel free to copy paste this layout and add your own vision and motivations. Those with a passion for a certian era and a flair for writing alternate history (I'm looking at you, Spinners!) can probably come up with some cool stuff! Just see this as a template...

Like so:

Dhimar

1940s

-Royal Dhimar Air Force established in 1947 with British Aid. Hand-me-down Spitfires are first active combat aircraft.

1950s

1960s

-1966: Small batch of F-4C ordered as heavy strike fighter.

1970s

-1970: Introduced F-4E as a heavy fighter/bomber. 

1980s

-1983: Ordered F-16A Fighting Falcon as light attack fighter

1990s

2000s

2010s

2020s

Paran

1940s

-Airforce established in 1949 following Parans war of independence from Dhimar and their British masters. Colourful inventory of Czech Avia S-99/199, Soviet Yak-9s and captured Dhimari/British Spitfires.

1950s

1960s

1970s

-1979: Mirage F.1C interceptors ordered to counter Dhimars growing inventroy of advanced western Fast Jets.

1980s

1990s

2000s

2010s

2020s

Dhimar

1940s

-Royal Dhimar Air Force established in 1947 with British Aid. Hand-me-down Spitfires are first active combat aircraft.

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s

1990s

-islamic revolution!-

-1992 US Weapon Embargo

2000s

2010s

2020s

Paran

1940s

-Airforce established in 1949 following Parans war of independence from Dhimar and their British masters. Colourful inventory of Czech Avia S-99/199, Soviet Yak-9s and captured Dhimari/British Spitfires.

1950s

1960s

1970s

-1979: Mirage F.1C interceptors ordered to counter Dhimars growing inventroy of advanced western Fast Jets.

1980s

-1983: MiG-29 Ordered

-1986: MiG-29 delivered

-1987: MiG-29K Ordered

-1987: Aircraft Carrier Ordered/build started

1990s

-1991: MiG-29K Delivered

-1993: opening up to the West after collapse of soviet block

2000s

-J10 ordered to replace aging mirage F.1

-upgrade of older Mig-29´s to SMT Standard

-2003: participate in OP Darius against IRAN

2010s

-delivery of J-10

-2013: ordereing of J-31 to replace earlier Mig-29K´s

2020s

Edited by dast24

My 2 cents:

Dhimar

1940s

1950s

-Dhimar enters jet age with the arrival of the first Sabres and Thunderstrikes, putthing them inmediately into use against the underpowered parani props

1960s

1970s

1980s

-1985: Order of two dozens of F-15C as air superiority fighter with attacker role supporting the F-4E

1990s

-islamic revolution!-

-1992 US Weapon Embargo

2000s

2010s

2020s

Paran

1940s

1950s

-entering of MiG-15/17 in active service as a reaction to the delivery of Sabres and Thundestrikes to Dhimar

1960s

-putting into service of a mayor batch of used soviet Fishbeds to regain air superiority

1970s

1980s

1990s

2000s

2010s

-delivery of J-10

2020s

Edited by ValAstur

Boys. I think you've got things covered.

Funny thing about SF2 is that if you make a nation specific aircraft for either Dhimar or Paran and wish to fly it in single mission mode you can select it (no problem) but it doesn't show as the appropriate service on the list of air forces. Always struck me as odd that. 

add this to your nation´s ini ;-)

[Nation256]
Name=Dhimar
DisplayName=Dhimari Air Force
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesArabic.lst
RankList=RanksRAF.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=USFighter
Formation.Attack=USFighter
Formation.Bomber=USBomber
Formation.Transport=USBomber
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

[Nation257]
Name=Paran
DisplayName=Parani Air Force
Alignment=ENEMY
PilotNameList=NamesArabic.lst
RankList=RanksRAF.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter
Formation.Attack=SovietFighter
Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber
Formation.Transport=SovietBomber
Formation.Tank=SovietTank
Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

and it will work

what you guys think about the islamic revolution in the 90´s in dhimar?

i think would be nice to have. so we can switch aircraft or do a evil empire of dhimar just for a more colorful campaign backround possibilities and not everytime the same WAR story US/Dhimar vs Paran

Edited by dast24

been messing with this on paper for quite a while now. roughly

WW2-1950---- P-40, Hurricane, Spitfire, F-51, A-26, B-24 or B-17

1951-1955---- Meteor, F-51, Spitfire, Canberra (English not B-57)

1956-1960---- F-86, F-84, Canberra, T-28?                             (trend towards common airframes to save on repairs)

1961-1966---- Lightning F53, F-100D, Canberra, A-1

1967-1972---- Same as above, F-104G introduced by 71       

1973-1979---- Mirage III, F-104G, A-1, F-5                               (US arms embargo on election of Jimmy Carter)

1980-1988---- F-16A, Hawk T1, E-2C, F-5                                (Reagan begins new sales, back to only a few platforms)

in the 50's the decision is made to focus primarily on defensive operations for the AF, simplifying logistics. Navy is actually set as the offensive arm (more on that later). and keep it simple!!!  in my Dhimar they hire mercs but just for training and flying missions while training is ongoing (like Oman or the Tiger Force in the book Warriors) and strive to get citizens to fly and maintain. the Phantom would have been a complex beast for such an AF to fly or fix esp in a desert environment.  but thats just my line of thinking,  never gave much thought to Paran other than them turning to the Sov's after WW2. Hence why P-40s and Hurricanes could suffice during WW2.

still doing much thought on a Dhimari Naval Aviation, starting with likely and Indepence class and Wildcat to at least learn the ropes. Later they get the USS Franklin, and pay out of pocket to convert to SCB-125

Edited by daddyairplanes

i think the lighting F53 is to specialized. maybe would be better.to wait until the F-104 is avaible or use the Mirage 3 or use the F-11 Tiger

So far for Paran i have the following A/C
Mig-29A(late version with refuelprobe can be done or just replace it with the SMT)
Mig-29C(late version with refuelprobe can be done or just replace it with the SMT)
Mig-29SMT(based on A with Fakepilot CFT and refuelprobe)
Mig-29K
-->all Mig-29´s with old cockpit unfortunatly(until new model arrive)
Yak44(based on E-2 Hawkeye from SF2:NA)

all with proper userslist loadout and skins
on the SMT i´ve to iron out some bug´s and check the in service dates of all 29´s

other thougts:

we can use the old J-10 or wait for the one from Bandios Team

the J-31 Beta is for now to far from the finish line so we have to wait

we could use some skinner´s to do nice new skins for Paran/Dhimar(if anyone has something finished show us NOW! :-P

if we go with the F-15C for dhimar i would suggest the early verion that is based on the thirdwire model

Edited by dast24

some small updates, added the campaigns to Dhimars timeline...

Dhimar

1940s

-Royal Dhimar Air Force established in 1947 with British Aid. Hand-me-down Spitfires are first active combat aircraft. USA donates A-26 and B-24 bombers as well as F-51 Mustangs.

1950-55

-Dhimar enters jet age with the arrival of British Meteor and Canberra aircraft, putthing them inmediately into use against the underpowered Parani props

1955-59

-Unsatisfied with the Meteors performance against MiG-15s, Dhimar turns to the USA and recieves F-84 and F-86 aircraft. All prop fighters retired by 1957.

1959, September 1st: Operation Burning Sands. Provoked by years of low intensity combat around the borders between Paran and Dhimar, Paran invades. Dhimar wins with US assistance.

1960s

-1964: F-5A recieved as military aid to replace aging jet platforms. Meteors and F-84s retired.

-1965: Small batch of Lightning F-6s ordered as interceptors. Upgraded to multirole F.53 standard in 1970.

1966, December 25th: Operation Quick Sand. Surprise attack by Paran! Heavy losses on both sides and ends in a draw, better peace terms for Paran.

-1967: Small batch of F-4C ordered as heavy strike fighter to replace losses.

1968, August 1st: Operation Rattle Snake. Cross-border CO-IN operations by Dhimar AF escalates into full scale war. Dhimar fares better this time. Paran forced to withdraw support to Dhimari separatists.

1970s

-1970: Introduced F-4E as a heavy fighter/bomber after good performance of the F-4C.

1972, October 2nd: Operation Desert Thunder. Dhimar performs pre-emptive strike on Paran. Parani infrastructure is wrecked.

-1974: Ordered F-5E as attrition replacements.

1975, June 1st: Operation Desert Fury. Parani economy is in crisis and the military leadership go for a full-scale invasion. Rebuked by Dhimar. Both countries air-forces in bad shape after two decades of conflict.

1977: Carter elected president in the USA, arms embargo on Dhimar!

1980s

1981: Reagan elected president in the USA, arms embargo on Dhimar ends!

-1985: Order of two dozens of F-15C as air superiority fighter with attacker role supporting the F-4E.

1989, March 23rd: War with Paran!

1990s

-1991: Islamic revolution! King Husain flees! Dhimar turns to Iran, Pakistan and China to fulfil it's military needs.-

-1992 US Weapon Embargo

2000s

2010s

2020s

Paran

1940s

1950-55

-Paran seeks co-operation with USSR in order to recieve military assistance. Parans rich mineral wealth pays for MiG-15 aircraft that go up against Dhimars Meteors.

1955-59

-entering of MiG-15bis and MiG-17F in active service as a reaction to the delivery of Sabres and Thundestrikes to Dhimar

1960s

-putting into service of a major batch of used soviet Fishbeds to regain air superiority

1970s

1980s

1990s

2000s

2010s

-delivery of J-10

2020s

What I've got:

F-4E

Attack paint scheme

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Air Superiority camo:

F-16A

Air Superiority camo:

• Like 3

ah nice so we can do an early and late F-16A skin. there is already a Dhimar F-16 Avaible with standard 2 tone grey(like USAF) this one can be used for early batch of F-16A´s and your skin for the later

the Attack skin for the phantom is also nice :-)

i would suggest that we do nation specific aircrafts and update the standard Campaigns with the new aircrafts and reduce the foreign support a bit

but first we need the plane line up^^

Edited by dast24

I will add some early french jet fighters and bombers to Paran, the Vaotur for example, and the Mystere, Later they can receive Mirage V (skin already done). Some Il-28 will be great too.

What do you think guys?

bomber planes like il28 an vatour would be nice addition

french fighter/bombers also.many of them get lost anyway in the early years so to hell with it :-D (3 Wars from 1959 to 1968)

maybe logan4 has a suprise for the mid 60´s to late 70´s for us. had to wait for the response^^ the T-6 Texan and T6-Texan II could be added for training purposes

but we have to be careful that it doent get to colorful^^ i think when paran recieves the Mirage F.1 we can cancel most of the mg-23´s (but keep the mig-27´s?)

Not forgetting Paran's indigenous aviation industry....

PARANIPIRANHA07.jpg

• Like 1

What about sea patrol and ASW planes? Privateers, Catalinas, Avengers...

So we can have Navy planes for both sides.

lets focus on the airforce first. but my 2 cents

i would say that carrier ops starts with the 90´s for Paran with CV carriers

and dhimar maybe a bit earlier with VTOL carriers (sea harriers like india)

Yeah I was thinking something like that too. Sea Harriers are cool!

I think we should establish some kind of standard schemes and decals for Paran and Dhimar over the decades.. maybe even fictional squadrons with custom emblems..

I like Gekko graphics what-if profiles a lot, maybe this could be cool for Parans early fighters:

Jordan.jpg

And late:

SAAF+02.jpg

For Dhimar fighters from maybe 1960-1985, maybe somethink like this, after that maybe lo-viz grey:

Mauritania3.jpg

• Like 2

I added some bombers and tried to add more detail to Parans inventroy. I don't think we need to be afraid of getting too colorful, just look at Iraq or Egypt in the 70s and 80s, they had a boatload of different types in service.

Dhimar

1940s

-Royal Dhimar Air Force established in 1947 with British Aid. Hand-me-down Spitfires are first active combat aircraft. USA donates A-26 and B-24 bombers as well as F-51 Mustangs.

1950-55

-Dhimar enters jet age with the arrival of British Meteor and Canberra aircraft, putthing them inmediately into use against the underpowered Parani props

1955-59

-Unsatisfied with the Meteors performance against MiG-15s, Dhimar turns to the USA and recieves F-84 and F-86 aircraft. All prop fighters retired by 1957.

1959, September 1st: Operation Burning Sands. Provoked by years of low intensity combat around the borders between Paran and Dhimar, Paran invades. Dhimar wins with US assistance.

1960s

-1964: F-5A recieved as military aid to replace aging jet platforms. Meteors and F-84s retired.

-1965: Small batch of Lightning F-6s ordered as interceptors. Upgraded to multirole F.53 standard in 1970.

1966, December 25th: Operation Quick Sand. Surprise attack by Paran! Heavy losses on both sides and ends in a draw, better peace terms for Paran.

-1967: Small batch of F-4C ordered as heavy strike fighter to replace losses.

1968, August 1st: Operation Rattle Snake. Cross-border CO-IN operations by Dhimar AF escalates into full scale war. Dhimar fares better this time. Paran forced to withdraw support to Dhimari separatists.

1970s

-1970: Introduced F-4E as a heavy fighter/bomber after good performance of the F-4C.

1972, October 2nd: Operation Desert Thunder. Dhimar performs pre-emptive strike on Paran. Parani infrastructure is wrecked.

-1974: Ordered F-5E as attrition replacements.

1975, June 1st: Operation Desert Fury. Parani economy is in crisis and the military leadership go for a full-scale invasion. Rebuked by Dhimar. Both countries air-forces in bad shape after two decades of conflict.

1977: Carter elected president in the USA, arms embargo on Dhimar!

1980s

1981: Reagan elected president in the USA, arms embargo on Dhimar ends!

-1985: Order of two dozens of F-15C as air superiority fighter with attacker role supporting the F-4E.

1989, March 23rd: War with Paran!

1990s

-1991: Islamic revolution! King Husain flees! Dhimar turns to Iran, Pakistan and China to fulfil it's military needs.-

-1992: US Weapon Embargo

-1995: F-4Es outfitted with Iranian PGMs.

-1999: Military coup, fairly elected Muslim president assasinated. A junta compromising of high ranking officers take power.

2000s

-2001: Dhimar approaches USA and normalizes relations in exchange for supporting US war on terror. F-16A upgraded to AM standard. Relation cut with Iran.

-2008: Dhimar orders 12 new-build F-16C Block 52 and 8 F-16D Block 52 fighters. F-5s withdrawn from service.

2010s

2020s

Paran

1940s

1950-55

-Paran seeks co-operation with USSR in order to recieve military assistance. Parans rich mineral wealth pays for MiG-15 aircraft that go up against Dhimars Meteors.

1955-59

-entering of MiG-15bis and MiG-17F in active service as a reaction to the delivery of Sabres and Thundestrikes to Dhimar.

-1957: Vatour bombers ordered from France

1960s

-1963: USSR delivers MiG-21F13 fighters.

-1965: Mirage IIIC fighters delivered by France. Last MiG-15bis withdrawn.

-1967: Il-28 Bombers delivered by USSR to replace Vatour losses. Vatour phased out of service.

-1967: Small batch of MiG-21PFM interceptors delivered.

-1969: Mirage V ordered by france.

1970s

-1970: Paran orders MiG-21MF fighters to replace losses.

-1974: MiG-23BN ground attack aircraft ordered.

1980s

1989, March 23rd: War with Dhimar!

1990s

2000s

2010s

-delivery of J-10

2020s

i think fighterbomber skins should be always camo skins navy and Fighter/interceptor lowviz(atleast in the 90´s lowviz)

for paran camo skins i suggest we use the colors of the HD terrain tilsets.

a navy flag is already included in the Mig-29K package :-) may be some lowviz decals are needed.

i think we can use the HuAF skin as lowviz for the mIg-29´s in general(i got permission and already used it on the Mig-29K)

I can offer these ones as an example of Dhimars C and D-Vipers

img00005-2_zpsa3fbd93f.png

img00006-2_zps7a337631.png

If wanted, I can add some more decaling concerning squadron markings and so on.

Dhimari Mustangs:

img00004-4_zps22c54024.png

img00002-7_zpsbcff9b9d.png

How about some nice Dhimari Navy birds:

img00003-5_zps247ddf52.png

img00001-6_zps193ac6df.png

img00002-7_zpsa393f158.png

Of course, low viz versions would be no prob.

How about a M2000B for Paran?

Edited by ValAstur