I've been doing some AARs on my hobby website, if anyone is interested - some from Flaming Cliffs 3 (Revanche campaign) , Black Shark 2 (Deployment campaign) and one from Mi-8MTV.

LINKY

Hope you like them. So far the highlights videos are nothing to write home about, but now I have bought decent recording and editing software I hope they will improve - in picture quality, at least :prankster:

Edited by JDUK
  • Like 2

Okay, I've finished the campaign now and all the AARs are up.

It's quite a fun campaign - the biggest problem being having no targeting systems, so you can only really aim as far as you can see. That's okay for CAS, but when you are continually tasked to destroy SAM systems, it can get a bit critical - but then again, if you can't stand the heat... :baby:

The only other thing is how nothing that you do in any mission affects any future missions. So, for example, if you have fulfilled your mission and have some ordnance left over, taking out some extra enemy hardware isn't going to help your future war effort one iota. The missions do follow a story, though - but my point is that you lose absolutely nothing in terms of gameplay by flying the missions as a series of singles instead of as a campaign.

What I learned the most during the campaign is "if in doubt - send your wingman instead". So, if you can't find something (an enemy convoy, for example) just tell your wingie to attack ground targets or targets of opportunity and he will show you where the bad boys are. Similarly if you are not keen on attacking a SAM vehicle - usually Strelas in this campaign - just send him in, he usually pulls it off, but if he gets launched at he's likely to drop all his stores and you have to do everything yourself. Another thing is remembering that they only have four missiles before they have to rearm - I got lucky several times by attacking a SAM vehicle after it had launched a couple of missiles at my wingie and a couple at another flight. In some missions, for some reason they don't launch at you at all (such as mission 10).

I tried to start The Valley this evening in the A-10A, but my heart really wasn't in it - looks like Cold War Warrior is up next, instead! :biggrin:

Edited by JDUK

Thanks to those who read my AARs - my visit figures were well up for the DCS campaigns. I had to close the website due to BT working on the line and slowing my connection to a crawl, but I've since got FTTC at 80mbps and moved to a much better hosting service, so my website is now back up.

So far the only new content is the scale models, as I'm learning to use Joomla, but I will be flying further campaigns very soon and this time the videos will be much better quality, too.

I hope some of you will pop along for a read/look and I apologise for the lack of action since December.

• Like 1

A bit of a delay, due to not liking the restrictions Joomla imposes, and having also tried Kompozer, I finally decided to stick with the new cpanel and good old HTML.

Latest report is up - how a cosy nav tutorial mission in the A-10C turned into a glider/crash landing lesson:

LINKY

Edited by JDUK