Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Min/Max extents...

how does one plot these? Are they set in MAX?

simply put, I'm having an issue with bullets passing through the aircraft, as the data ini used "another" aircraft's setting for Min Max Extents and Collision points (the extents had to be commented out to get the free camera close enough to inspect lights, decals positions and panel lines. Even so, they're waaaaaaaayyy off for THIS aircraft)

while flight testing, to make sure the damage textures works, got bounced by 12 enemy spitfires, and they expended their entire magazines, with the bullets passing THRU the aircraft. I know the destroyed model works, and I flew into a mountain to check it ...

so, help and advice needed!

tia!

What AC? And Min/Max is output from max if you have the plugin.

Copied Info:

Min/Max Extent

These define hit boxes for hits by guns or ordnance, from (left, fore, down) to (right, back, up).

It shouldn't matter which corner you use... in fact, I don't think it even matters if you give it max or min in correct order any more... a new max coord is generated by selecting the higher value of x, y and z out the two coords you give, and a new min coord generated by selecting the lower value of the x, y and z.

Hope this helps?

Edited by RAVEN

veltro's C-54

You could compair the most -Y of the Rudder to the Tail light -Y (I'm gussing you fixed the lights?) and shift the extent's by the difference, X and Z should be close. Like setting decals.

Edited by RAVEN

of course I adjusted the lights! :biggrin:

In fact, I had to dig out my DVD  of  "The Big Lift", and watch it today!! The only thing I know of with enough visuals on the Skymaster. (since I don't have -or even know!- if "Fate is the Hunter" is on DVD)

so, it's based on xyz,

x being body length

y being wingspan

z being height (fues bottom to fin top??)

but are the points based on the "world center" of the model, or something arbitrary, like CG positioning?

I shot a pm to Veltro, and asked if he can find them in MAX in any case!! (my math really sucks!!

• Like 1

X is wingspan (+left) Y is +nose to tail, 0 should be CG and C line, Z is hight (+ up).

I have this ref., might help?

post-300-0-30749400-1380440920_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN

You can bite the bullet and make all coordinates yoursef with the help of the Ruler Tool. It's a hell of work.....I had to do this with the Po-2 and the Arado Ar-68 (none of them uploaded by their owners, by the way).