MigBuster

Looks like the ME-262 will be done

Good for them. This could be epic. 

I backed with 40$, with the last week changes I still don't know If I will get the 262 or not.

Not that many backers though, I guess Ilya's name doesn't inspire confidence...

I had dropped all my backing funds due to the way they were waffling on the goods versus backing level.

But given that they will probably make good on all the promised aircraft per funding level, I went back to the $40 pledge.

Free: 1 plane of Bf109/P-47/Spitfire.

$1: The other two of the first three.

$40: All three plus Fw 190, P-51, and Me 262.

Since I already have the P-51, that means I end up getting four aircraft at DCS level for $40 or $10 per plane... not bad.

What remains to be seen is the actual quality of the simulation.

I never cared for IL-2 flight models very much, though they did improve quite a bit toward the end.

Now all I can do is wait to see when it is finished.

Edited by streakeagle

The new Terrain looks amazing so wont be disappointed there.

I expect the FMs and pits to be the same level as the P-51 and they say they are doing the ground objects for that era then it should all go well.

The low level ground detail is something else for a flight sim

185f20d7d4a60bfecf22558e8773fa06_large.j

Edited by MigBuster

I just wish DCS would trade in small flat maps for a true globe. They don't have to populate the whole globe, just build the same maps they are already making on the globe at the right place so that navigation works 100% correctly. Then, as more maps are built, you eventually cover the entire globe.

The new Terrain looks amazing so wont be disappointed there.

I expect the FMs and pits to be the same level as the P-51 and they say they are doing the ground objects for that era then it should all go well.

The low level ground detail is something else for a flight sim

185f20d7d4a60bfecf22558e8773fa06_large.j

I'm very cautious about Shevchenko's new venture, and the 25 FPS seen here ain't inspiring either. Probably still using the same old crappy engine that remembers 2003 Lock on if not the 1999 Flanker 2.0 :(

Edited by SFP1Ace

I backed this - though I must admit, I withdrew my backing at one point (as they were asking in a poll about what they should release) and then repledged just before the end.

I personally couldn't care less about the Me-262 and I never fly German stuff from WWII anyway (I did test a Bf109 in Romania scheme once just so I could say I had tried it :gamer: ) and as I'm not into dogfighting the only aircraft that will interest me is the P-47D, unless they make the Spit PR or FGR - I already have the P-51D.

Am I the only one who thinks that scenery doesn't look right? It looks too much like a wishy-washy water colour painting to me. I sincerely hope that a lot more texturing will be done before release. It's a bit like FTX - people say it's so realistic, but to me it seems, well, similar to what I just described. I like UTX/GEX very much - to me, that looks great. :huh:

I just wish DCS would trade in small flat maps for a true globe. They don't have to populate the whole globe, just build the same maps they are already making on the globe at the right place so that navigation works 100% correctly. Then, as more maps are built, you eventually cover the entire globe.

No combat sim has ever done that. At this point, after all the years of delays, you'd ask them to trash the whole revamp of the terrain system and start over AGAIN? I'd like to have them before my toddler graduates college.

Note that while MS did that with FS, they did NOT do that with CFS either. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure CFS3 was the largest budgeted (in inflation-adjusted dollars) WWII sim ever made and they didn't even attempt all of Europe...although they covered a lot more than any of Il-2's ever did.

CFS2 did have the whole globe flyable.. you could open a pop up window with a globe on it and then roll/scroll the globe ...

It had basic landmass , and many areas were later detailed  with add-ons.. cant remember the format or what it was called.. it was some detailed mesh stuff...

I posted my ' whole globe' discovery at simouthouse .. 11+ years ago or so... caused quite a woaaahhhh  reaction .. lol.

Wags just posted details about Edge.

Last item: maps can be projected onto globe.

So, while DCS may not be set up to use the globe, Edge is.

I am concerned that the 'new terrain' we were assured would come once EDGE was done are going to turn out to be Nevada (sorry - no interest) or WWII/Normandy. So it may be quite some time yet (possibly a year or two) before any other terrain is released for us to fly our modern kit around :sad:

Of course, I would hope we would get something relatively soon (i.e. within a year) but with what has been said, it doesn't really sound like it.

Now, if we had the ability to fly our nice jets and helicopters around Normandy, I would definitely not complain! :smile:  Though that is a year or more away, too.

Oh well... :shout:

I gave up hope a long while back in the state things are today - anything we get I will be grateful for I think.

I think its best to forget about it and tune in for nice surprises once in a while.........