Sign in to follow this  
Deuces

Euro tileset and the patch

So far it seems that the Euro tileset plays well with the patch. One thing I did notice and just to give you guys a heads up. The patched desert.cat file is a bit larger than the unpatched. So I would suggest you copy over the new to your Deuces folder (providing your using the tiles) and rename it as usual. Please free free to email me if you have any issues. With the terrain that is a not the patch :D

I guess that's the reason I get dumped when using Euro tileset . I don't have the desert .cat before the patch anymore :(

Bob. It's the new cat you need not the old. If your getting dumped when using the euro it's something else. Check the folder and file naming (revisit the readme in the zip) to confirm correct spelling. This is the #1 cause for the euro not to work.

Thanks Deuces but I checked & rechecked but no go. :cry:

I even ran the patch again and renamed the cat file to deuces.

maybe I can try to host the folder so people can download it.let me try that.

Thanks Dagger, also I had no trouble with the euro tile before the patch.

Just sayign that i like ur euro tiles :) althought trying to pick out those durned camoed tanks is hard as hell! :D

I installed the patch into a fresh install of SF. I then added the Euro tileset. When I flew a mission, get this...the wierdest thing happened. My airplane just fell out of the sky where it started despite high throttle. After my unexpected death, I switched views to the other Mig-17's in my flight and they were still flying sloooowly but in a 45 degree yaw to the right! Im not sure what happened here. I am still experimenting to see if I can figure this out. The tileset worked fine before the patch and reinstall of the game. Just thought I'd let you know about this...

PCP--Did you copy over the patched desert.cat file from your terrain/desert folder and rename it deuces.cat? The new cat file is diffierent. If you just copy over you old euro folder it acts whacky.

I get the feeling we should let TK get SF up to speed before going hog wild on the mods. Everytime a patch comes out mod guys are going to have to go back and redo thier work to make it work again.

:shock:

Here's one.

I'm flying along on an anti-ship mission using the Euro tiles, and about 1/2 way to target, my plane and my wingmans plane canted 45 degrees left, and of the flight 2 guys, 1 was up on 1 wing, and the last guy disappeared. Any control movements made it worse, and then BLAMMO!! There's my icons!!! When I quit laughing, I wrote this post. If I can get it to duplicate, I'll get a screenshot and post it. Anyone else having this one?

Same here worked fine before patch did a complete reinstall following instructions now when I go to loadout and hit fly she kicks me back to desktop.created new folder named deuces in terrain folder,copied desert cat files,renamed desert cat file to :cry: deuces,unzipped downloaded files into deuces folder.No Joy. :cry:

Ok guys. Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it and see what I come up with. Probably a simple fix. I tend to overlook the obvious :?

I did a complete removal, reinstall of SF, patched and installed the euro tileset per the included instructions and it's working just fine for me. So are all the other skins and mods I've downloaded.

FWIW

Ok, something strange. On my sys the patch/desert/deuces worked fine.

On my brothers system, it wont get past the loadup screen before CTD (however , it works fine with the desert terrain). We both did full (clean) installs of the game then patched it. I have an intell sys and his is a athlon. Dont know if this will help pin it down but.....

I know deuces was installed correctly, according to readme. I'm stumped and so is he.

Waiting to see what u come up with......

thanks,

savagkc

I use an AMD system..only thing I'll ever own.Intell you pay alot for their advertising.Sorry just had to say that. Oh yeah forgot where I was for a sec. they work fine on my system.

Hmm. Well I'm a bit perplexed guys. I've flown 6 campaign missions and a dozen or so single missions without a hitch, but I'm not going to let that be the benchmark. So here's what I'll do. I'll repackage the set from my patched version and make it available for d/l. I hope this will help.

thanks, Deuces!

Who knows it might fix whatever the problem is.....

savagkc

Well lets hope this works. I've uploaded two zips for you guys to try. The first is a complete euro set from my patched ver. It's 13meg. To save all that have the euro already some d/l time, there is a lite ver. that has the files less the bmp's and tga's...just use the euro tiles you have.Let me know if this works. Now keep one thing in mind, if you have been having the trouble in campaign mode, the campaign.ini is different in the patched version. The squads have changed. Just copy over your campaign1.ini to a new Campaign2 folder (create it) and rename it campaign2.ini. Open it and modify this line CampaignMap=Desert to CampaignMap=Deuces. You can also name the campaignname line to whatever turns you on.

Get the files here

Full Eurov2 http://dzeng.ecorp.net/euro/sp1eurov2.zip

Lite Eurov2 http://dzeng.ecorp.net/euro/sp1eurov2l.zip

There is no readme in the lite, I assume you know what your doing by now :)

Let me know how it works for you.[/url]

Great Job Dueces,Downloaded the lite ver install and flew a mission loaded without a hitch.Good Work and Thanks a million.All you guys doing the mods are much appreciated,Thanks again. :D :D

Thanks Deuces! working fine now. :D

Guest Ranger332

should help prevent thisshots007.jpg

I have what look like...well tiles, of large areas around towns that still look like the old terrain. They look as if someone opened a giant cardboard box. Did I not copy over one file into Deuces or something?

Thanks for the euro tile and patch dagger. Took three tries but its great now. Must have been a real quick fix. This just keeps getting better if you have a little patience. Digger