Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

My Saitek X52 just arived

Welcome to the Saitek Brotherhood! I started with a X45 and as it broke down, I send it back to Saitek to be repaired. They send it very quickly back and as I open the box, I couldn`T believe my eyes .. I have not get a X45 back, but a X52 instead! I was damn happy!

Good choice!

I have x-52 pro. Bte. what is the difference between regular and pro?

Have had my X52 for six years. I never set up any profiles just mapped the buttons for each game. Cannot go wrong with X-52, CH Pro Pedals, Belkin n52te keypad, and Track IR 5!

• Like 1

and I am completely overwhelmed lol anyone have any hints or profiles to share?

I have had my X52pro for a few years now and I love it.....congrats on your new toy.

As for profile and set-up ideas have a look at this http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3419948/Re_Saitek_X52_Pro_Profile.html#Post3419948 it explains my layout......hopefully you can find some ideas in there for your own button layout.

Enjoy

Romflyer

• Like 1

Further to my post yesterday.......forget about the link to that other site :beee:

I'll post it here.

I essentially have 3 modes NAV, A-A, A-G.

Hat #1 works the radar regardless of which mode is selected

Hat #2

• (NAV mode) cycles waypoints  and also enables elevator trim
  • ( A-A mode) cycles visual air targets
  • (A-G mode) cycles ground targets

Hat #3

• (A-A mode) Cycles A-A weapons    
  • (A-G mode) Cycles A-G weapons   

Everything else is not effected by which mode you are in

post-39468-0-88242500-1381508713_thumb.jpg 

• Like 3

Is it possible to upload your X-52 Pro profile? I like to fly with it.....  thanks.

Well

I am trying to upload this profile.......I keep getting the message that I dont have permission to upload this kind of file??.........Can anyone tell me why I am getting this message ?

In the mean time this link should get it to you.  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52011973/SF%20PITkey.pr0

Just drop it into C:/user/public/documents/saitekSD6 profiles.

Hope it works for you

Romflyer

EDIT:

Please let me know how it works for you.

Edited by Romflyer
  • Like 1

zip the file, and attach the zip.

that (usually) works!!!

Sierra Hotel! If and when my CH set up goes, I think I'll give saitek a try. It was a tough decision since I've heard so many good things about them.

Thanks a lot for your profile Romflyer. I’m very very happy with it. :biggrin:

I put your file SF PITkey.pr0 in C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles and everything is going well. The X52 pro display shows everything perfect :).

I tried this profile in SF2 and in SF2 Europe and in both games the same issues. Some buttons are not working correct like eg. “next weapon” ( in A-A and A-G mode), button A, button B, button C or the radar Hat 1. I have a file X52Pro_Profile.ini in C:\Users\.....\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Controls and I think there must be the problem.

Can you perhaps upload your file from …\StrikeFighters2\Controls ? Thanks.

I will upload my control file, see: http://combatace.com/files/file/14620-x52pro-profile/

This profile is set-up to run with the default.ini for controls......if you have made a bunch of changes to your controls then I would suggest you go into your controls folder and empty the contents from it then run the game to let it generate a clean default controls ini,  from there go in and assign all the correct axis' on the stick and throttle and then exit the game ........now  load up the SF pitkey profile from the small green saitek icon on the lower right toolbar of your desktop.......then launch the game again and see if the assignments now match what my earlier picture shows.

Thanks Romflyer, your suggestion works. Too bad I didn't think about it. Now I can fly....... :) :)

Hartchakra I'm glad you got it going

I have uploaded it now (thanks Wrench)

Hi Romflyer, can you provide your Saitek profile settings again ? I like your button assigments and would like to use the config as is.

Thanks!

Hi again,

can someone give me some hints for setting up X52 pro using mode switch using shown binding profile?

Thanks!

Noone with x52 pro setup around anymore?! Would love to get some hints concerning switch-mode settings

With the resurgent interest in SF2 - anyone around to help me with the Saitek x52 setup?!