Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

Is there a 'sand bag reventemnt' object for the KAW campaign & how about a B, KB-50 for the series?

Just wondering if there is a 'sand bag' era revetment for the Korean Air War campaign? The SEA series are not historically representative for this time frame. Also is anyone working on a Boeing B-50 or KB-50 Superfortress for this series? Would be a cool/great addition to the SF2, WOx series. Just a couple requests from a SF2 flier with no modd skills or tech.

post-903-0-00610800-1381416850_thumb.jpg

post-903-0-31560200-1381416863.jpg

post-903-0-61736200-1381417291.jpg

Edited by NIELS

no to both

The sandbag's ,are they on 3 sides, they look like just walls?

actually, it's a simple matter of a bmp rename to reskin the arming pit lods (this has been done several times for the ww2 terrains).

But the fact of the matter is, if we're speaking of MY Korea terrain, those sandbag pits will look quite a bit "off" in 1999 or 2015, as the terrain has a 100 span.

oth, with cloning of the original pit LODs, judicious hex editing, and much more _types and _target work than I'm willing to perform (especially on a finish product that took 4 years to release), and using ActiveYear and InactiveYear tags, in can be done.

I just ain't gonna do it. Not worth the effort. This was discussed at some length in the KAW developers forum, and the same answer was given then.

as to the B-50, as the game don't have AFR, and they were all pretty much quickly convterted to tankers...??? other than eye candy, of what use would they be?

What if new sandbag arming pit.lod's had the same lod name as the existing pits (size ,sq ft) and just drop them in to the terrain, No editing? Just for KAW .

Edited by RAVEN

From the pictures and books I've read regarding the Korean Air War of 1950 -1953, both wall and 'U' type revetments were present at various dirt and steel planked bases. Thank you Wrench for a great endeavor completing the KAW campaign. It is such a good (specific targeted) addition! I was just hoping/wondering if there was an object of this nature available for realism/immersion effect. Regarding the B, KB-50 request - This was just a personal request and with all due respect regarding your fantastic modds..........The B-50 version was a great asset pending medium jet bomber arrival during the SAC cold war era. The KB-50 tanker model performed a great need along with KC-97's until a jet tanker was available. I think there is a *.ini workaround somewhere that enables fuel onload/offload when pulling up to an 'eye candy' tanker? Maybe not as realistic as actual hookups but more realistic than no tanker support. The KB-50 worked hard into the 60's and 70's with Air Reserve units until its retirement.

Thank you again Wrench for your hard work and sacrifice to bring us a great addition to the SF1, and 2 series air combat sims..........Much appreciated!

Vr NIELS

• Like 1

unfortunately, the ability to use that ini trick for AFR was removed from SF2 in 2012 (or maybe even earlier)  by one of patches. So, back to square one on that.

OTH, tankers ARE nice eye candy to have sitting on the ramps (which is why I rereleased Veltor's birds)

as to revitments, see below. It's a simple bmp rename. But it remains this way for Eternity. Which is why one would need to clone the original PIt1, 8, 16, hex edit for either the sanbags or the original metal wall, and use the InActiveYear= and ActiveYear= switchs in the targets ini to them off and on, and create a new Terrain Object in the _types ini.

Thanks Wrench, appreciate your timely feedback and again - fantastic work with this series. Its folks like you and others with the 'know how' that keep these sims in good shape.

Vr NIELS