Skyviper

CombatACE is getting flagged as a dangerous site by McAfee

I uninstall McAfee from my computer now, something that says combat ace is no good, isn't good for my computer.....

• Like 6

Not seeing anything in chrome or IE latest

Where are yo gong to get this?

I posted the link on another site I hang out on and someone then posted that. I'll ask them.

McAfee and Trusted Source are scams. They are scaring users into buying their protection. This is nothing more than cyber bullying. Ask for a refund and change to a more responsible vendor. I suggest AVG.

Yeah, they've really gone hard with the scareware approach in the last 18 months.

McAfee is a scam. I sent in a support ticket and their reply was that I needed to purchase their software to scan our downloads with, then they would remove the bad reputation. SCAM!!!!!

They used to be a major player

This appeared today - the guys a bit of a character

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24441931

Who is the real John McAfee? He's the man who went on the run after his neighbour was found dead, face-up, with a bullet in his head. He's the man who jump-started the multibillion-dollar anti-virus industry. And now he thinks he can make you invisible on the internet.

Its flagged as a dangerous site because its more addictive than FUCKING COCAINE...lmao....  :crazy:

Ring Ring!..

"hello,Norton anti virus help line,how can I help.."

"Ahh hello...My pc has a virus..I need advice"

"Can I have your name and account number please?"

"Ahh yes my name is John McAfee .."

"ok..I see...you DO need our help...please hold.."

Edited by russouk2004

This issue should be cleared now, after a lengthy debate with them.

McAfee isn't that good. It alerts to alot of false positives, just like AVG and Avira. Norton has been the Internet Security Software to beat over the last few years ever since they got rid of the garbage they put out back in 2005 to 2008. They got rid of all the bloatware they added and went back to the basics of Security Software which is protection. Norton 360 works great for me. I've been using it for almost 5 years now. Do yourself a favor and dump McAfee. It came with a year subsciption on my new computer. I deleted it right away.comp_virus.gifcomputer7.gif

It,s not that good at detecting spyware or playing nice with other security programs even if they're not active or loaded. In my opinion. And yes I do use Norton360 and have used Norton since back when they started with Anti - Virus.

Edited by usafphantom2

McAfee cane with my LapTop and I use 360 also, I haven't delated the McAfee. Could that be causing a random crash/lockup?

It's possible both services are running which is unnecessary at best. I would remove the one you're not using.