corsaire31

Migration successful

Hi !

Only to say my February 1917 battlefield has successfully migrated from its old home in my XP 32 PC ( Duo E8500 - HD 5770 1Go) to its new home in my new Win7 64 PC (Core I5 4670 Haswell - HD 7850 2Go OC)

Lt Hans Georg Gaertner with 60 missions under his belt in RSS SIA environment is ready to go back to the airfield... (just downloading last Andy Sound Mod 3.3 to update)

I'm glad I only do this every 5 years...  IL2 1946 has also migrated, together with my Total War series (Rome with RS2.6, Mediaval 2 with Stainless Steel 6.4 and Third Age 3.2/MOS 1.50, Empire with Darthmod Ultimate and Napoleon with Darthmod - not interested in medieval Japan).

Still have to migrate Rise of Flight, FSX + addons and Xplane 10... busy week end !  :biggrin:

Only small problem : with or without Andy sound mod, I have some "cuts" in engines sounds (or rather level going up and down) whem other external sounds occur like explosions near the front. Any suggestion ? Ddn't have that at all on the old rig...

Do you play with a Sound-Card or do you use the Soundchip on your Mainboard? Just try to re-install your Mainboard-Drivers, or download the latest Driver from their Homepage. And you can try to update your GPU-Driver, I'm playing actually with the Geforce 320.49 Driver, which is very good.

The GPU-Driver is very important for Sound... 

Andy :beach:

Hi Andy, thks for reply. I am using the Realtek sound from my sound card ( Gigabyte Z87 ) and of course after install I updated all drivers, including my HD 7850 GPU.  I flew another mission yesterday evening, and it happens only near my airfield which is very close to the front (in fact the front is almost around the airfield, time to move I think... :biggrin: ) Every time there is a series of explosions from the front, it lowers a little the engine sound.

Anyway I can live with it until I find a solution...  By the way very much enjoy your last 3.3 sounds, thks for the good work ! :notworthy:

Ahh, that's the Problem! The Frontambience is too loud! Okay, you can simply try to adjust the Sound-Levels. In Workshop Settings, I recommend for Engines 50, for some Planes (Fok Dr1, Fok EV or Nieuport 11) you can even set it to 70 or 80. Effects should stay on 100, but you can try to set it down to 80. You can of course try to modify the Sounds-XML File. You can do this with a very small Program called "XMLmind-Editor". Google it and you will find it, it's freeware and this small Program is very simple to use!

Open the File (just click on it) and scroll down the XML-File, to the End. The very last Entry of this File is called "Front1". You will see different Values, but please concentrate yourself on the two Entrys called "MaxDistance=2200" and the second "MinDistance=400". Now click on this Entry called "Front1". On the right Side you will now see the different Values, and you can now tweak them. Just set the MinDistance down to 50, for Example. Now the Explosions should be much more quiet. Or try to set down the MaxDistance to 500, you will then hear the loud Explosions only for a short time.

Save the XML-File to your Desktop (important!) and now replace the old one in your CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields-Folder.  

If you have further Questions, please send me a PM and I will try to help you. But it's possible that I'm away now for two Weeks or so, because my Wife and I are moving into a new House. So I'll need my WLAN-Access back, but I don't know when this will be ready.

Sorry for my bad English :blackeye:

Best, Andy

Thks again, Andy, will try that and see what I can do. I am at present struggling with my reinstall of FSX and addons and also need lots of tweaks ! (another Microsoft software that has trouble working with Microsoft OS...lol)

Will let you know what happened with this tweak.

Didn't see any bad english in your msg, and by the way I'm french... :biggrin: