FLOGGER23

Su-15TM Flagon F for SF2 [Revamp]

Su-15TM Flagon F for SF2 [Revamp]

Realizing the limited capabilities in the Su-15 Flagon A, the USSR soon realized, of changes to be made to the plane, a new cranked delta wing was used, with the improved Taifun-M radar (NATO "Twin Scan") and provision for UPK-23-250 gun pod or R-60 (AA-8 "Aphid") short-range air-to-air missiles.

Aerodynamic demands forced a redesign of the radome with an ogival shape, earning a new NATO reporting name, "Flagon-F" (some info taken by Wikipedia)

*****The SF2 Plane*****

Again this is a revamp of Boopidoo`s Flagon F, few details in the inis were changed. thanks to Boopidoo to include this important red bird.

A new set of high 4096x4096 resolution has been added, some stenciling was added too, with a new template made by me, again, available if you want it.

AA-3C and AA-3D have been tweaked by Snailman and the UPK-23-250 has been reskined by me.

If i forgot to credit anyone here i beg my apologies, please let me know and i will update it.

Hope you have fun with this more capable plane, now you have the chance to shoot back if your interception is intercepted :D

Enoc Marquez AKA Flogger23.

The new camo skin itself worths 5 stars for me (bravo!). The silver one is oustanding too.

More dressings could be (re)done.

- the famous Major Lee blue one

- some green liveries

- a late Ukrainan (1992/95 use) silver simple one

If You'ld need help to find something, I'm here.

Paul

Thanks Paolo, the Ukranian was in my mind as a new release since it changed nationality sides (from red to blue), i didn´t had more real pics of camos, so i stayed with the one depicted.

Thanks Paolo, the Ukranian was in my mind as a new release since it changed nationality sides (from red to blue), i didn´t had more real pics of camos, so i stayed with the one depicted.

My pleasure.

Here (if you haven't visied it) the Ukranian and in soviet repository VVs camos etc. http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/655/18/0

I have ALL old skins if needed for redoing in high res.

Cheers.

Yep, there is from i took the camo one, if you want me, leave me the ukranian one and i can send you the templates, to adapt your skins :D

Nice skins Flogger but the file includes also lods, data.inis etc. Shouldn't be in the aircrafts section?

Really like this one! One of my favorites since the SF1 days, the cockpit is awesome with all the functioning lights and switches and stuff. Does anyone have  the PDF file lying around from the SF1 version that explains the cockpit in detail?

The only thing I'm wondering about is the radar display, is  that accurate to the real thing? It seems a bit strange with the two lines that jump around the display, also I've noticed some planes have a mark on the radar that you put the locked up plane in that helps you fly a proper intercept course, does this aircraft have that in real life?

both the newest Flagons are now in the SF2 / Aircraft / Cold War Aircraft / Soviet Origin / Su-15

nice catch!

the pdf .. attached below

ya made me look for it!!

Edited by Wrench

I have a problem : my plane crashes on takeoff

I had no problem wth the old Su-15TM and the Su-15 is ok too

:blackeye:

Mmmmmm new to me, Cliff pointed me to some fixes he is doing to both birds, a quick fix will be uploaded soon :D

Flogger23, I did the original SF2 conversion of Boopidoo's terrific Su-15TM model.  I have been working on an update of the original files, but was holding off releasing the updated package since I had read you were working on another update.  The original FM really flew like a dumptruck, since so many of the earlier SFP1 FM values were calculated very differently than the current patch level SF2 FM values.  After an almost complete replacement of the earlier FM, it flies and fights very well.  I kept having a problem with the tail dragging on take off, preventing a "hands off" take off.  The AI take offs were great, but the player controlled take offs required careful attention to avoid dragging the tail.  I think it might be an issue with the model's collision point values.  If you or Cliff think it would be helpful, I can send you a copy of my latest flight model.  This is truly a vexing issue!  It really irritated the hell out of me.....

• Like 1

Totally agree with you, maybe we could make a team effort to see how the plane behaves, i'm sorry to have the plane in such a lousy shape, i should learn a bit of ini editing...

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Very good stuff, I like it!

Your camo skin is very beautiful.

Just a question about the FM editing: what are the needed Tools?

For me this point is a real question from SFP1...

Best regards,

Coupi.

@NeverEnough

There is an issue on take off with the tail dragging the ground, and it should have been quite tricky for the real pilots.

I use a trimming device and it's ok like that (never released yet, but almost all the planes I'm doing now have it)

@Coupi

If you ask me, I would say the tools are pencil, paper, calculator, protractor... a pen maybe?

Seriously : ruler tools by FastCargo

http://combatace.com/files/file/6314-ruler-tool-for-the-thirdwire-sims/

all the notes from thirdwire and from the knowledge base, already made planes and internet.

Books as well : )

And 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 tests ...at least for a start. Much more after...

(...)  After an almost complete replacement of the earlier FM, it flies and fights very well.  I kept having a problem with the tail dragging on take off, preventing a "hands off" take off.  The AI take offs were great, but the player controlled take offs required careful attention to avoid dragging the tail.  I think it might be an issue with the model's collision point values.  If you or Cliff think it would be helpful, I can send you a copy of my latest flight model.  This is truly a vexing issue!  It really irritated the hell out of me.....

With the current model and in my install, I cannot start the engine before it crashes.

It might be a matter of collision points, you are right

Edited by jeanba