I was inspired by the AGS on WhiteBoySamurai's Zumwalt class destroyer to see if I could get ships to hit other ships at range.

As a result over the past few weeks I have put together a collection of modified ship and gun data files.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to test them and give me some objective feedback?  

You can send it my way.

I have my reservations about a mod like this, though, since it may have adverse effects (i.e. guns not behaving as they should for anti-air work, or when the game calculates damage from momentum), and it would require re-packaging and re-uploading every single ship model. 

I will shoot it your way. It is still experimental right now. If I get it properly adjusted such that it could become a mod I was thinking about making it a separate add-on gun and data file pack that people could optionally install.

Karl I have it haven't been able to do much lately,  game wise tho I'll try to run it up tonight n see what conspires, I already have a mission set up NC/Iowa going at 2 Kongo's in a running  battle NC always fell short I don't think it will now :-)

• Like 1

Colmack, I just added you to the conversation with WBS. Just download the attachment, It includes updated files for the NC.

I decided I should thorough this open to everyone. As such I am attaching a file with gun and ship data files plus some effects, sound files, and test missions I used.

The test missions should be configured using only stock SF2 all merged ships and aircraft. Targets and test ships are named as such. Please run your own test however. 

In the North Carolina Class folder you will find two different data files. In "North Carolina Class_DATA - Modified - 7" the main guns are not data linked, in the second file "North Carolina Class_DATA - Modified - 8" the 16inch gunners are data linked into the same network. Would you please test both of them in the same missions and note if you see any difference in the behavior of the 16 inch gun turrets between them.

I have found that in many cases it seems like muzzle velocities in the 1000 m/s range and a projectile caliber one tenth that of the real gun seem to work best for surface to surface gun fire. Maybe I we can determine what the actual ratios of difference are between game world and real world a formula could be created that would allow more accurate fine-tuning of guns.

All of the guns I have included are experimental mods and variants and are open to modification and balancing adjustments. They are just what I have working at the moment.

Note: Most of these guns are Time Fused for Dual Purpose work and so have adjusted warhead weights for flak effectiveness. If anyone want all gun configured for ground use only let me know I will provide them.    

To anyone who takes a look at this, please don't just grab the file. I would appreciate it if you would look over, test, and give me your feedback.

Long Range Gun Test.7z

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I recently got into weapon modding and wanted to edit some missiles.
      I went for the Weapons Folder with the Weapons Editor, and some weapons were missing, even tho i can see them and equip them in-game.
      I wanted to edit the AA-2D Atoll for my Su-22M3, but there's no AA-2 folder inside Weapons folder, nor inside plane folder, even tho the missile is equippable and i can see it/use it in-game.
      Since there's no Atoll folder, i have no idea how is it possible for me to have it in-game, and even less i know on how am i supposed to edit it through Weapons Editor, since i can't select the folder.
      I thought it may be a sort of "built-in-game" missile and for this reason not showing in weapons folder (idk i just made an hypothesis).
      So i tried using the CAT Extractor, but seems like not working... no matter which CAT file i select, it says "error opening this .CAT file, no files can be extracted", how's that? How do i fix it? Am i doing something wrong?
      Thank you in advance for helping me fixing all these issues or helping me find what i'm doing wrong
    • By AcariaPlainum
      Allows you to see Debug View in game 

Useful for missile testing and aircraft

Simply paste into your Flight Mod folder

Thanks to Mue for pointing it out to me!
    • By Sabre1BR
      Hello gentlemen.
      I am getting back to SF2 since my last time by 2019 or so, and i wonder if in these three years off what would be mods you guys think are a must to play the game now.
      Any suggestions?
    • By Avrillav
      Hello. I have re-installed SF2 and solved the problem with planes that were no showing. However, my Russian planes have red tracer color. It used to be white. This happened after I have downloaded SU25 from this site.
      May someone tell me where can I download 30MM GSH Gun with correct information including tracer color? Any separate gun for downloads? I have replaced the gun FireColor to =0.500000,0.450000,0.320000 (taken from American gun with white bullets, it is supposed to be white, but still it is red)
    • By KJakker

View File SF2:NA US Stock Ships Data File Mod/Update
      This is a US counterpart my previously uploaded Soviet ship updates.

This pack has updated data files for the stock Third Wire SF2:NA United States Navy surface combatants and amphibious ships.

/------------------------------------------------------------------

The changes are primarily centered around adjustments to the Elevation and Train of the guns with regard to both the Maximum and Minimum position and rate of movement.

A number of other adjustments have also been made related to gunners and guns.

The "Alt1" variant of the data files uses stock guns.

The "Alt2" version is set to use alternate guns which should improve the effectiveness of the guns in the AA and CIWS role.

The alternate Guns have been included.

This file has been tested in SF2:NA.

/------------------------------------------------------------------

1.1 includes some minor adjustments that I missed including in the original release.
      Submitter KJakker Submitted 01/29/2014 Category Other  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..