Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Need info about Argentinian Air Force fleet status.

Wondering If anyone know the Avionics status for the FAA (Fuerza Aérea Argentina - Argentina Air Force) fleet including the Mirage III, the IAI Dagger and the A-4R Skyhawk. Concerning the first two the Delta family will like to know If they have modern Huds and radar modes, and for the Skyhawk If they are PGM capable. I read those A4 were even better than the Kiwi Skyhawks, but is that true?

Thanks.

In reverse order... well the A-4AR basically is an A-4M with avionics from the F-16 :-

This is from Wikipedia I know but it is useful at times... also it is configured for Sidewinders and an updated version of the Martin Pescador Air to Surface missile HUD included...

The Delta's would be very limited. The Israeli's generally removed the radar from the Mirage IIICJ's that were sold to Argentina (19) after the war this was replaced with a ranging radar for the guns as the extra weight was not required as they rarely carried the Matra 530. The one's in service/purchased by Argentina would be setup as per the original Mirage IIIEA (A was added to signify Argentina) with the standard Thomson-CSF Cyrano II air/ground radar. The Dagger though is basically a Mirage V ranging radar in the nose again with some air to ground avionics. Hud's on the later aircraft would be 1960's limited information compared to modern huds. The Finger update though I am not so sure about it is a French setup update was done by Thomson CSF not sure on the full upgrade. Will see if I can get further information from my library at home...

The A-4R looks like a pretty good airplane, but should get PGM I think.

Hope you can find more info about those Mirages.

Thanks.