Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Deuces' Enhanced VietnamSEA Tiles

Does anyone know where I can find Deuces' Enhanced VietnamSEA Tiles? 

They're referenced in many older SF1 terrains and campaigns but apparently not available here or AVSIM and the site mostly referred to for them is dead.

TIA,

Geary

I remember downloading them from his site - but have a few copies in YAP now

Are you on a really low end PC is that why you need something so lo res?

I remember downloading them from his site - but have a few copies in YAP now

Are you on a really low end PC is that why you need something so lo res?

Not on low end PC.  Just having fun with old SF1 campaigns I've had on ice for years and hadn't installed.  Lots of tweaking.

Deuces VietnamSEA tiles are called for in some of these old campaigns and terrains.  We have many of these terrains and campaigns here, but don't have Deuces Vietnam tiles here, or anywhere I can find.

I may have them in my 'Just recovered ' files from way long ago? Will check after work.

Well No Joy. I have a tile set by Brain32 and SEA by KillerBee and a unfinished map of Italy.

Edited by RAVEN

I may have them in my 'Just recovered ' files from way long ago? Will check after work.

Well No Joy. I have a tile set by Brain32 and SEA by KillerBee and a unfinished map of Italy.

Thanks for looking.  

Thought I had them from way back when, but probably lost them in the many file re-organizations, hd migrations, and/or hd crashes over the years.

Here's hoping someone looks deep into their old files and restores it to CA.

Hans Topp,

These are very nice tiles, Thanks,  But unfortunately, they are not the ones I'm looking for.

These tiles are apparently repaints of the VietnamSEA terrain tiles.  Deuces were repaints of the Desert tiles to simulate Vietnam.

I'm thinking of trying Gepard's DRV tiles to see if they will work in place of Deuces.'

Thanks for these tiles.  New ones to play with.

Im sorry, i have a little backup from downloads, i will try to find it,

Chek this, im not sure but the its from Deuces and the tilsets are more green than a desert......

sp1eurov2.zip

Hans,

That may be what I'm looking for.  It's not named the same as the campaign calls for, but the files seem to fit the terrain and they green up the desert a bit.

It doesn't look much like Korea that it's supposed to represent in the campaign, much too flat, but it's a very interesting looking terrain all the same.  More to play with.

Thanks again,

Geary

I suppose WOV_En_Up.zip is the upgrade package, which still requires the Deuces_WOV_terrain.zip or something.

I suppose WOV_En_Up.zip is the upgrade package, which still requires the Deuces_WOV_terrain.zip or something.

Gerwin,

Wish I knew the answer to your suggestion, but I'm a bit confused on these older terrains.  Is there a Deuces_WOV_Terrain available?

Are you looking for the DAT "RollingThunder",because I think KillerBee used a similar tile set by Deuces for his SEA terrain. Not 100% on this.

Are you looking for the DAT "RollingThunder",because I think KillerBee used a similar tile set by Deuces for his SEA terrain. Not 100% on this.

Didn't know DAT produced a Rolling Thunder. 

Gepard did one for SPF1 using his DRV terrain that uses the Desert Cat file. 

I got that up and running after a bit of thinking and tweaking but KORAT AB comes up as an enemy base.  When you take off or land there you're fired on by the enemy AAA protecting that base.  I couldn't fix that, so I moved on to other SPF1 campaigns and terrains that led to here.

I'll take a look at KillerBee's terrain if I can find it.

Geary, did you CHECK the nations locations like I suggested?

you'll find Korat is Lactation=2, which is enemy, same as NV

open the nations ini, and see if Thaistick is Location 3. If not, edit it

Geary, did you CHECK the nations locations like I suggested?

you'll find Korat is Lactation=2, which is enemy, same as NV

open the nations ini, and see if Thaistick is Location 3. If not, edit it

Wrench,

I checked the location.  It was location 4. 

Can't remember the file that set that up, but it seemed coordinated with the targets.ini file. 

Thailand wasn't listed in the terrain's nations.ini file, so I added it, but it didn't change KORAT's affiliation.  So ... I'd reached my knowledge, skills and patience level with that terrain and gave it up.

How the hell do you keep (mostly) sane doing this terrain stuff?

I believe that its you needs

Thats defo Deuces Enhanced tile set for Vietnam - and the set used by YAP - used it for years myself

Hans,

That may be what I'm looking for.  It's not named the same as the campaign calls for, but the files seem to fit the terrain and they green up the desert a bit.

It doesn't look much like Korea that it's supposed to represent in the campaign, much too flat, but it's a very interesting looking terrain all the same.  More to play with.

Thanks again,

Geary

I have one that interesting you also....

New_Korean_tiles_based_on_Deuce__s_WoV_re_paint.rar

Question, in WOE 1 can a airbase be 'Neutral' ? Or mabey just 'Generic' ?

Edited by RAVEN

Thats defo Deuces Enhanced tile set for Vietnam - and the set used by YAP - used it for years myself

It's a great looking set of tiles.  Love YAP's Terrain.  Use it as much as I can.  Even use it for the stock WoV campaigns.

I think my confusion in my original search for this was the campaign I was installing called for Deuces terrain files to simulate Korea.  The files jpg shown were the desert terrain files.  Hans Topp's Euro1spv2 files fit the bill.  Covered the desert terrain and turned it green.  Good looking, although a bit unusual, terrain.

Other campaigns/terrains I'm installing call for Deuces Enhanced VietnamSEA tiles or were based on those tiles. 

A bit confusing.  But seems worth the effort to figure it out.  Got some great looking terrains and more and varied campaigns to fly.

I have one that interesting you also....

I have this Korea repaint.  I like it but it has an annoying shadow in the bends of the river tiles.   So I don't use it. 

Wish it could be fixed because it's the best, IMO, tile/terrain set for Edward's SF1 Korea terrain.  That one needs updating. 

Wish I could do it myself but I don't have the knowledge/skills to do it.

Question, in WOE 1 can a airbase be 'Neutral' ? Or mabey just 'Generic' ?

Hope one of the terrain gurus answers your question.  Something I'd like to know, too.

Geary, who's say I'm sane???

you need to change the Location= for anything in Thailand to MATCH the nations ini statments

any target area can be set to neutral, they just show as Red on the planning map, but nothing operates from or near or whatever those areas (see: WW2 Phillipines 1944 terrain for SF2). TK has not provided for anything other than 2 side, Blue and Red (unlike XvT which has six different affiliations, and each can be set individually)

For Korea, I'd recommend the KAW terrain; with minor editing it DOES work in SF1, using GermanyCE for cat, as it's using GCE tiles. You just won't have all the SF2NA features, like operational carries.

That original terrain is utter crap. The only thing close to being Korea, is the shape of the landmass.

Wrench,

I tried Korea V3 in my SF1 install soon after you released it.  Love it.  But I get anomalies, mostly near water tiles. 

Does this need some of that 'minor editing' you mentioned?

yeah, use it only in SF2   lmaosmiley.gif.pagespeed.ce.SujmTMoybq.g

did you change all the shader statements in the _data ini, BACK to 1stGen style??

go the SF2 KB, look for the thread on "How To Make Terrains Work in SF2" (or something like that), and follow the instructions BACKWARDS (seriously!)

Hey, is this a snipe hunt?

I followed the instructions in the KB backwards a few times.  Didn't fix the water problems.

Are you sure this SF2 Korea terrain will work in SF1?

That's Wrench, On the SEA map a target area is set as an Airfield for the Lights (no Runway) and the aircraft explode cause the game thinks their Airfields.

we fixed that a llllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. just remove the runway statements. I think I even posted a modified targets ini back in 06 or 07 about that. Don't even remember, now. Age and all.

Geary, now you go me thinking.

Maybe it don't!!!!