Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Back After A VERY Long Time...

Hey guys!

I'm back into SF2 after a very long time away from SF2 and flight sims in general. I'm currently finishing up high school and am working on my private pilot's license. I also built a new computer over this last Christmas so I should finally be able to run SF2 like I've wanted. I was just paging through the downloads and they look AMAZING. I am just lost as to what I need/should get and in what order.

Could you guys guide me on my way to getting the required and best mods/mod packages again?

Thanks!

liamp51

You should start with the updates, until the last one (I believe it's May 2013, but check because I'm not sure). Then get some new tiles from the terrain section for you Desert, or Vietnam, etc.. Then maybe effects. Finally you should focus on what you are interested in. Vietnam, or Europe, Israel, or some great campaigns like Korea!!!

How long has it been? If you don't have SF2: North Atlantic be sure to get it as it adds a number of features to the game.  

Edited by KJakker

Welcome back - there is no escape btw

What SF2 games do you have all of them?

Welcome back - there is no escape btw

What SF2 games do you have all of them?

I have all of them...I really wanna do some harcdore Vietnam stuff again hehehe

Guest Seal

In order not to start new topic, I will post my question here.

Yesterday I finally installed  last update July 2013. And noticed much lower fps than I had before. Flying Vietnam Campaign with SF2V Air and Ground installed I have fps around 6 or 8 over the target areas with flack, target burning, SAMs flying. Before I never had fps drop lower then 16 or 18. What might cause the problem?

You installed the patch and get lower FPS - then suspect the patch has changed something - but then again the patch is for a stock game only so not comeback if it is that.

You can lower graphics setting sin game, or try different graphics card settings - but you would need to experiment to see what works - different for every system basically

You could try different graphics card drivers 

WOV and SF2V has generally always had that problem over NV

Drive clean up

defrag (if not SSD)

Make sure AV / FW are in Game mode if applicable

Stop background programs not needed etc etc

Guest Seal

I tried lower graphics setting, no luck here. Experimenting with graphics card settings. But don't have any solution yet. 

Just in case my system specs:  AMD  Phenom II X6 1035T / 8GB RAM /  GeForce GTX 465 / Win7 64Bit