Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

A cure for a boring day at the office

Man!; watch out which way you aim it. Looks like close to a .22 short maybe. He sure shot up his office, lol. Notice it took 3 shots to kill the monitor? I like how that light exploded at the end there. THAT would startle someone in the office... :biggrin:

EDIT: It wasn't a light there at the end! It looked  like a balloon full of something flammable. Hmmmm, enough to give a guy ideas.

Edited by pcpilot

Whooa... That thing IS dangerous )))))  Well... i have shot things to pieces many times, and this performance reminds me of a 6mm air (pellet) gun...!! it can easily open a hole into someones guts huh.

A friend once brought a a black powder "mini-cannon" to work.  It resembled the one pictured below.  It was not meant to fire a projectile, as it was intended for starting events, such as yacht races.  

Well, having access to a machine shop at work, we could not leave well enough alone, so we bored it out to enable one to shove a needle-bearing from a 662 wheel bearing down the muzzle. For those of you not familiar with what I'm talking about, imagine a hardened-steel cylinder about .025 in diameter, and about .75 inches long. That was our intended projectile. Our first test firing was disappointing, we so upped the charge in 50% increments, until it could penetrate the side-paneling of an old GMC bus!  The building that we shooting this thing off in was pretty much empty, so my maniac of a friend decided to liven things up a bit by shooting at the mobile-home that substituted for a foreman's office. It too, was empty at the time, and sat some 100+ feet from where we were shooting. The report from the now double-charged cannon sounded as loud inside the garage, as a 12-gauge shot-gun with magnum loads. It was in fact, so damned loud, that everyone who was on the property came running in to see what had happened.  My friend walked over to the intended target, saw no damage, and decided to call it quits on our experiment.

An hour or so later, our shift-foreman strolled into my work area, and in his Irish brogue proclaimed "There's a F@3&ing hole in the office.  You wouldn't know anything about that, would you lad?"  :biggrin:

kcn8041_1_600.jpg

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

LOL)))))))  Ah bored people))

In high school I attended chemisty-biology faculty... my best friend and me has stolen K-NO3 (potassium? nitrate) and mixed it with powdered sugar. We called it white (gun)powder... One spoonful of that could break a glass jar into pieces like an inch or so due to excess heat - and dense white cloud as a side effect. Half kilo could make a  meter deep hole if buried.. or throw bricks up to 5meters high when against in a wall.

We also had enough guts to try nitrating glycerine... but - thankfully - failed. Nitrate was dirty and old. Same with smokeless explosive "cotton"... we received an orange wooly stuff, which could burn, but no way explode... pf.

Home made cannons can be dangerous however, they usually cannot withstand gas pressure. We tried steel pipes welded close on one ending... one micro-crack and we would have been peppered with steel fragments...

Also VERY dangerous to use such propellant which is not gas-producing "pressure effect" explosive but limited radius "blast" explosive. That will crack the "cannon" to pieces without shooting the projectile to considerable distance... NOW I know that..

Edited by Snailman

Jeez I want one reminds me of one my older brothers made when they were kids it had a fairly large steel pipe for a barrel and it was set up on some old steel wheels and looked like something from the Crimean war.They loaded it with blasting power and rocks and it really looked the part when it fired. I have still got a photo somewhere of it firing.

Is it wrong of me to think of that has a nice little key chain concealed weapon?

Aluminum arrows with blasting cap's sliped inside, they slide to the knoc end when released , on impact the slide to the broadhead and detonate in theory, In reality they detonate apon release and blow your hand and face off. Don't try this at home. ( we test fired from a bow mounted in a vice) Nobody was injured , the bow got fraged.

Edited by RAVEN

Ed;

Gotta be a Dennis story. Nobody else is/was that nuts!

Ed;

Gotta be a Dennis story. Nobody else is/was that nuts!

Shush your mouth!  Utter his name twice more, and he'll appear like Betelgeuse, and then we'll really be in trouble.

Sounds like future Darwin award candidates here.  Not a good thing to be a winner.............