I will like to have a A-4B (I like the B version short nose) with 4 underwing hardpoints, currently plane has only 2. Can someone please tell me how to add those pylons please?

Also Is possible to add to the same plane the "exhaust extension" used on Israeli A4's?

Is the part marked in orange, we have it on SF2:I 1973 Skyhawks.

photos_1265289130_zps8c45637e.jpg

Thinking on a small project. Thanks.

That can be added with the FakePilot method, but I'm not sure if it works with SF2 nor if it will work at all. The best way of doing that is to edit the 3D model. The pylons should be added with small .ini edits. But I'm not a modder so I don't know how to do that nor if it's possible.

you can't add pylons to the MAIN model without the MAX files. This has been asked and answered several thousand times over the years.

IF you add pylons via the fake pilot method (and it works just fine, thank you very much) In SF2, they are permanently attacked to the aircraft. Quite easily done

• Like 1

IF you add pylons via the fake pilot method (and it works just fine, thank you very much) In SF2, they are permanently attacked to the aircraft. Quite easily done

Can you please explain how? I mean, in this case how to add two more hardpoints on the A4B wings.

download the Horten Ho-229 or the "What If" F-79 Manta flying wings.

STUDY the data ini, and all should become clear

Is so clear on the F-79 and I can't replicate it on the damn A-4. I copied the pylons on the Pilots folder, added the entries, and nothing. Argh!

Do they show up on the plane in flight/game but they do not show on the loadout screen or they do not show up at all?

Try with these inis. They do show up, but since I have to bug out for work in 5 I have no chance to fine tune their positions.

As you can see on the pic, not much to adjust.

Place files according to their respective folders.

In the loadout.ini I only set them in airtoair so you will have to make the other additions

a4.zip

post-30564-0-32587300-1382443269_thumb.jpg

Edited by logan4

Geary it works, your explanations are really clear, the pylons are there and I'm already tunning their position. Thanks a lot!

Sorry if I'm re-opening an old topic, but could someone please explain to me how to fine tune the ini files in order to add hardpoints? very little is on the forums explaining how to do this with the fake pilot method

thanks

in reality, you can't. if the pylon and/or does NOT exist on the physical model.

See my post above, #4

You always need a separate Pylon model to add. If you have one, you can set them up either as fakepilot...that way they are always on. Or the alternative way is to set them up as weapons....that way you can select them if needed. The drawback of this method is, you need an extra weaponsgroup available on the plane (maximum is 6), that is used just for the pylon. It works well, if you have different pylons to choose from. Fakepilot is the easier way though.

Edited by Nyghtfall