Fightingirish

Changing .ini file to unicode (Gen1 to Gen2)

Sorry if this has been asked or answered before, but are there any tips or instructions on how to convert an SF1 aircraft to SF2.......i.e. changing the .ini file to unicode????

cheers

There is no real reason to convert to unicode text, unless you want chinese characters in the game or something. The game reads both, and ASCII is smaller.

As to the other aspects of conversion, there should be something in the knowledge base?

Yes there is by Migbuster in the SF2 Knowledge Base.:-)Converting older planes to work with SF2.

Edited by usafphantom2

I had trouble with some a\c crashing unless ansii was changed to unicode...odd.

I had trouble with some a\c crashing unless ansii was changed to unicode...odd.

Yes I've also had issues with some 1st Gen a/c crashing the game when I've tried them, thanks for your replies

Cannot imagine it being the text file encoding, must be something else that caused the crash.

Not in my case ...had a\c working in a few updates ago...this last update...click fly...crash to desktop...changed all the inis to uni and hey presto a\c loaded.

Cannot imagine it being the text file encoding, must be something else that caused the crash.

In my case I discovered it was a couple of dodgy stabilizer entries in the data.ini rather than the text file encoding

With current path levels (July 2013) SF1 planes work with SF2 without changing any ini file, the only thing you have to do is modify the folders according to the SF2 standard. 

Edited by cangas

Yea but also the skins sometimes as we'll cuz some skins are fine with no problem and some don't have the texture set that is on the plane.