Hello again,

Wise words indeed thereg...

I've got 7 different files on my ' maintenace; quarantine ' box, being the types:

- easyavionics.dll ;

- groundobject.DLL ;

- groundobject.dll ;

- yhe[1].pdf ;

The most part is classified as: Win32:Evo-gen...

Should I do right mouse button, and select "extract from quarantine" ?

I don't know about any files other than the groundobject.dll, that was the only one avast took out for me.  So long as you restore it and add to the exclusion list, it should be good.

I guess a new virus definition from the latest avast updates is responsible for a false positive.

I can only click "restore" that do nothing, but there's no "add to exclusion and restore" option :(

I can only click "restore" that do nothing, but there's no "add to exclusion and restore" option :(

I bellieve that to "add to exclusion" you must go to other separators... read the below tutorial:

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/12294-avast-internet-security-create-an-exclusion

I haven't tryed it yet, as since yesterday I uninstalled everything for the 2nd. time, but I will try later.

Ah is working now. Thanks guys!

Glad to know that !

So which options excatly have you chosen in Avast by the way?

I made a Avast update, then exluded the folder for Thirdwire and made a quick scan. Problem solved.

Ok. I will try it later after installing everything again. Now it's school time...

I made a Avast update, then exluded the folder for Thirdwire and made a quick scan. Problem solved.

Which one ?

Including th emodes or just the install directory ?

Avast indeed... what the hell..

ok i hope the exclusion will avoid problems in the future

Those programs like Avast are fuc**** terrible. Hopfully I don't have it.

Unfortunately you gotta use something......and Avast seems to be the least annoying of all those "fuc**** terrible" programs.

That being said, it sounds like I have a few adjustments to make to my set-up when get around to firing up my gaming rig.

Well, well, well, where do I start ? (Actually I'm writing this post from another PC, as my own has it's "Avast" uninstalled right now.)

So, some hours ago after repeatedly reading in this forum about the Avast conflicts, (probably because of a new update) with crucial SF 2: NA files, I started a new merged install...

After installing the very first SF 2 module, I promptly went to the Avast UI, (updated version this time) and added the recently created third wire folder at program files (x86) or something, to the exclusions.

So there I was all confident, continuing the 'dance', until the SF 2: Israel module and the Expansions packs all went great, and I even proceeded to load missions at various modules, which loaded correctly indeed.

That's when I finally proceeded with the North Atlantic module install... and everything was going great until somewhere along the install, an Avast pop-up informed that the already mentioned SF 2: NA files where qualified as potentially dangerous, etc.

Of course, that pop-up offered the possibility to mark those files as false positive and put them at exclusion, etc. which I've chosen right away, however with no real effect.

Because when the SF 2: NA install ended, and I tried to start a mission, it just went to crash/freeze again.

Translating it all: right away at the install process, the marvelous new Avast was quarantining the .dll files to some location that didn't even appear at any UI quarantine location... and since those .dll's probably weren't installed in the first place, there's nowhere to recover them from.

So, I uninstalled everything and started it all again, without Anti Virus and web connection, and until now, every module appears to run great.

Currently I'm with the July 2012 patch, should I install other patches before, or after the mods - like new Iceland terrains, other aircrafts, ect?

Edited by Boresight

Well I just spent the last hour and a half NOT flying around in the new Southern California scenery......and I am F>>>ing furious!!!

Long and short of it is that Avast seems to have eaten my groundobject.dll

I could see it in the quarantine area but do think it would let me do ANYTHING with it......not a chance!!

So I have upgraded my Avast to the latest version and now it looks and acts just like thereg said it would.

My problem now is that the dll has been completely removed!!!

Could someone please do me a huge favour and upload me a copy of the groundobjects.dll.....or PM it to me, or something. I really dont want to have to redo my whole install for one stollen dll file.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Romflyer

Gents, make SURE you let the makers of Avast KNOW their product is fucking you game installs.  Not that they'll really care, but it just might help in the long run

or.. just get MS security essentials already. used to be on avast but it was turning into bloatware lately...

Just did a long overdue backup of my install and mods and can say for sure that Avast picks on 3 files in the main install folder.

GroundObject.dll - from the Object folder

EasyAvionics.dll - from the Flight folder

MissionEditor.dll  - from the Menu folder

These are the ones to set to exclude in advance to avoid crashes when the game tries to use them.

Well I just spent the last hour and a half NOT flying around in the new Southern California scenery......and I am F>>>ing furious!!!

Long and short of it is that Avast seems to have eaten my groundobject.dll

I could see it in the quarantine area but do think it would let me do ANYTHING with it......not a chance!!

So I have upgraded my Avast to the latest version and now it looks and acts just like thereg said it would.

My problem now is that the dll has been completely removed!!!

Could someone please do me a huge favour and upload me a copy of the groundobjects.dll.....or PM it to me, or something. I really dont want to have to redo my whole install for one stollen dll file.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Romflyer

I could send it to you , but I advise you that my dll is pathed July 2013, so if you are using an older version you may have troubles.

Gents, make SURE you let the makers of Avast KNOW their product is fucking you game installs.  Not that they'll really care, but it just might help in the long run

Rest assured, from my part they will receive an e-mail stating that their "false positives" are crashing people's programs.

I know it's totally free, effective (and never had a complaint about it until two days ago), and I don't want so seem ungrateful to Avast company.

However as other members said some posts back, it appears to be difficult to tweak with to recover the files, so...

I'm considering MS security essentials, do you folks recommend AVG, or any other which doesn't pic on SF 2 series?

( Which one do you consider the most 'free of complications' with for ex. the .dll game files? )

I could send it to you , but I advise you that my dll is pathed July 2013, so if you are using an older version you may have troubles.

This brings an interesting point..??

thereg was kind enough to forward me the offending files which I intend to load onto my gaming computer when I get home......but I am running a may'12 install.

I guess it will be what it will be.....it'll either work or I'll have to update the game.

This brings an interesting point..??

thereg was kind enough to forward me the offending files which I intend to load onto my gaming computer when I get home......but I am running a may'12 install.

I guess it will be what it will be.....it'll either work or I'll have to update the game.

Once you have tried tell us what happened.

Hello everyone,

So I'll ask again, do you folks recommend AVG, or any other which doesn't pic on SF 2 series?

The ones which like me, got problems with Avast, did you all changed to another anti-virus?

Not yet, this type of incident can happen with every antivirus

I will change if the incident is repeated