Sign in to follow this  
Guest 531_Ghost

In the downloads section...

Guest 531_Ghost

Could there be a place to load/download profiles/maps for various game controllers?

:smile:

I've added this category under the SF/WOV section. There currently is a similar category for the LOMAC section. If there are any other request I'll be happy to get to them! Thanx

<C>

Fates

I'll work on a "catch all" category for various other games as well ....

Guest 531_Ghost

Thanks Fates! I uploaded the .zip file to the game controllers forum too. Good thing! I had a HD crash! One less .map fer me to make. :blink:

Hi Guys --

Let me apologize for posting in probably the "wrong" place. I am brand new to these games and to this site. I am having just a little trouble getting to somewhere that "sounds" like it relates to my questions.....

ANYway -- I am playing Strike Fighters, have installed SPk 3.0a and 3.1. My CD came at the 12/25/03 level. Just to be "sure" I also applied SPk 2.0a FIRST. Then the 3.n's. I also installed the EAWEuro patches 1.5, 1.6, 1.7.

All plays reasonably (but a pause now and then which did not appear w/o the SPk's applied??), but I can't find a carrier for a "base" and I do not have and Force Feedback. I fly Single Missions on "Easy" mode with a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick - Game Port.

If anyone has any thoughts, advice, counsel, or knowledge on carriers and Feedback, and is willing to share, I would be really appreciative.....

Thanks,

Ron

Let me apologize for posting in probably the "wrong" place.  I am brand new to these games and to this site.  I am having just a little trouble getting to somewhere that "sounds" like it relates to my questions.....

1st off welcome to CombatACE. :)

2nd the best place for this is probably http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=28

All plays reasonably (but a pause now and then which did not appear w/o the SPk's applied??), but I can't find a carrier for a "base" and I do not have and Force Feedback.

As it has evolved SF has become more complex & therefore a bit harder on hardware than originally.

Also, the more addons etc. that you have can have an effect.

Daft question but have you installed any carriers?

Even if you have you will still need to use missions/campaigns that use them.

The FF I can't comment on.

Daft question but have you installed any carriers?

Even if you have you will still need to use missions/campaigns that use them.

Hi Again --

Sorry if I missed it - I didn't see your name - Thanks a ton for your immediate help and counsel....

I have not installed any carriers - I thought the game provided them. Obviously not.....

Sooooo, can you point me to a carrier or 2?? AND how do I execute a mission or campaign that uses a carrier???

Thanks once again,

Ron

PS - I'll try the suggested site soon.....

I have not installed any carriers - I thought the game provided them.  Obviously not.....

Sooooo, can you point me to a carrier or 2??  AND how do I execute a mission or campaign that uses a carrier???

Thanks once again,

Ron

PS - I'll try the suggested site soon.....

Hi again.

The "suggested site" is the general Strike Fighters/Wings Over Vietnam forum here at CombatACE (just a little bit further down the board ;)).

Strike Fighters does not come with carriers but Wings Over Vietnam does.

However, the games were built in such a way as to allow the community to add to them & that it is currently continuing to do.

You can find several carriers in the downloads section for SF P1/WoV here at CombatACE along with lots of extra addon aircraft,skins, terrains, weapons, campaigns etc. etc.

If you search the SF P1/WoV specific forums you should find everything that you are looking for.

Be warned though that all these extras get addictive! :)

Hi again, Buff --

Be warned though that all these extras get addictive! :)

Yes -- How well I know...... As does my wife who has recently seen a dramatic decrease in "productivity" from my little corner of the world -- he he....

Thanks,

Ron