Sign in to follow this  
beachav8r

Real world problem...

So I got paged out last night to fly a trip at 3AM.. Pretty tired and as we are flying eastbound toward RDU the sun starts coming up and my FO says - "what is that?"  I look on the horizon and there is this odd shadow line that is being projected from the horizon line up into the sky.

All I could think of in my mind was: "LOD problem with our King Air..gonna have to turn off the shadows.."

LOD2.jpg

BeachAV8R

• Like 3

lmaosmiley.gif.pagespeed.ce.SujmTMoybq.g

we can add that one to the "You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Strike Fighters When..."  thread!!

good one Beach!!!

great picture, too btw!!

I disagree. That's clearly an issue with a ground object LOD. Also, it appears as though you need to install Stary's latest environment mod, while you're at it.

And I'm also quite surprised that the Wrench made no mention of the UFO at the eleven o'clock position in the image.

Yeah..that's exactly what it was..an over the horizon contrail that had a shadow being projected to our horizon line. Pretty cool to think that plane was probably 4 or 5 hundred miles away likely to cast that kind of shadow...

th_thumbs.gif

That's why I set my visibility distance over The SF to tens of thousands of kms -- to catch even more distant aurora and over horizon flash.

For other surfacians like me, what They see up high...the deep colours and clarity is amazing.

FlyingDutchman ~> http://www.apilotsview.com/?p=927

Are you fully patched to the current level Beach? :lol:

Gotta be careful patching reality...it may fix one bug, but then you find out PI doesn't equal 3 anymore....

Oh, wait...

FC

Did you know that at position 9202591 in Pi you'll find Jenny, Jenny's number (867-5309eiein..)..

Your interesting fact of the day.

BeachAV8R

I did not know that.

Which now brings me to your member nickname now beach....check over your picture here in a few. :lol:

My wife will actually think that means something... Oh dear..