Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff001

SUU-20 with no textures

I have been using the SUU-20B bomb rack for practice runs, however the rack shows up only as a grey shape. There is a texture, however it doesn't seem to be applied to be model.

I have the following in the Weapons/SUU-20B folder:

SUU-20.bmp

SUU-20.lod

SUU-20.out

SUU-20.ini

SUU-20_data.ini

I think the problem is in the .out file:

MainBody (2980 polys, 8940 verts) 'Material #21'

Num Nodes: 1
Total:    (2980 polys, 8940 verts)
Mesh Max: (2980 polys, 8940 verts)

1 Materials:
 (  1) Material #21:
       <No Texture>

0 Textures:

What should I do to get the texture to show up?

you can check if the texture is used by making a new BMP with the same name but use only red  color for it . Or repaint the grey texture

the OUT is generated by MAX when the Lod is exported. Many times, the names of the textures are listed in it, at the bottom. In other words, is has no bearing on in-game operations.

if a lod is NOT reading the texture, in SF2 they appear black in game. So, of it's grey, it's working.

(EDIT: it appears no texture is applied by the material listing. the material IS probably the color. you may not be able to apply any textures to it. the only way to see for sure, is use a Hex Editor, open the lod and search for "bmp")

This is the existing texture:

post-79989-0-24897100-1383775876.jpg

I couldn't find .bmp in the LOD.

Edited by Sheriff001

there is no mention of bmp jpeg or any texture assigned...its probably been assigned a grey colour in max..

It certainly looks that way. While I obviously can use Volker's excellent weapon racks, the SUU-20 would be nice to have, in its full form. It is just the right sort of thing to have on the Range terrain.

Maybe the lod calls for a jpg texture..  save the bmp as jpg and see what happens

From what weapon pack or DL is the SUU-20 ..  post more info then we can take a look

Sheriff, try downloading this weapons pack: http://combatace.com/files/file/10602-mgunnys-ordnance-shop-ii-for-sf2/

Use the SUU-20B and SUU-20R in it, they have a texture assigned to the lod.

I have SUU-20B and SUU-20R apparently from 2 different uploads of the same model.

The older has no texture assigned (I checked that myself, even the out file says no texture), but the later one (the one in the pack above) is OK.

SUU-20B and SUU-20R use the same lod, different weapons are made as the game does not allow a rack to be a bomb rack and a rocket pod at the same time.

• Like 2

Solved! Thanks, Svetlin. With that SUU-20, I could actually use the texture for the other one (they fit in the same way)

• Like 1

I had the same problem and it's now solved. I cannot load the bomb (SUU-20B) dispenser, only the rocket one (SUU-20R). Any ideas?

best

Dag

You need to change the loadout. The best way is to create a special loadout, and specify "SUU-20B" as the rack. To use it, you'd need to select the loadout in the Mission Editor.

Ah okay, thank you :-)