Sign in to follow this  
Wilches

Help on a terrain fix

Guys, I´m very excited by the new Fokker D.XXI from Capun and because of it I´ve installed the "Germany" terrain from S.Ansons (SFP1) and tried to update it SFP2 pattern. Well, something went wrong and it crashes at 10% all the times. This terrain is the only one that shows the Low Countries and Germany as it was just before the German invasion in early 1940 but with a big difference - the wrong sides! The Luftwaffe is on the left and the allies on the right on the map. I made a fix on "Germany_targets.INI" by changing the "Enemy" to "Friendly" and inside the game on the mission builder it appears OK, but when start to fly it crashes on 10%. I´m not sure that this crash is caused by this fixes.

Is there anyone here have this Map already fixed and working to share? If not, could somebody take a look on it? Thanks a lot!

This terrain is the only one that shows the Low Countries and Germany as it was just before the German invasion

I guess you must have missed the EAWEuro WW2 rebuild then; albeit the Low countries are "Occupied". But the targets ini is accurate.

I´m not sure that this crash is caused by this fixes.

you can bet your ass did :biggrin:

It ain't just a matter of 'switching sides', there's a LOT more editing required. Study the various inis; it should become clear

Same problem here - the sim freezes at the 10% mark loading this terrain.

It needs upgrading to SF2 standard by one of the experts - way above my pay grade.

has anyone tested it in it's original state, in the original 1stGens? I doubt it'll even work there, but that needs to be tested as well.

------------

having spent nearly 2 hours on it yesterday, rewriting all the inis to make the necessary corrections to realign things, I can unequivicably state it is one fucked up piece of crap.

Not even going to go into the 'fantasy fest' mess that the targets ini is in (it looks like north western Europe has suffered some sort of "time schisim", bringing all sorts of things from differing epochs - mosques in every city? did the crusades fail, and was there an Islamic reprisial invasion in the 1000s??? Off shore oil fields in the Baltic?? Misplaced, displaced, no clear zoned tiles for airfields; entire IMPORTANT cities and ports missing! ....an absolute mess. monkies could do better*.)

and yes, absolutely craps out at 10%. My suspecions are a corrupt TFD or HFD or something not readily visible in one of the inis; which, as stated above, were rebuilt to the latest standard.

One would be better off starting completely fresh.

FInal judgement: shitcan it

*BoB movie reference

Edited by Wrench

It works fine for me in SF1( '08 level), but not in SF2. I guess us techo-ingoramuses will have to wait, for this to be re-done to SF2 level.

Is Ansons still around?

Wrench, thanks for reply - I agree... no way to fix that piece of crap. BTW, your EAWEuro WW2 is AWESOME but the Europe is occupied as you said so it´s no good for the Blitzkrieg. Listen, every time that DAT release a sort of such "thematic" planes a new full campaign is on cooking and my bet goes to a France/Low countries Blitzkrieg. Only time will tell. Cheers!!!

EAW Euro would be (relatively) easy to rebuild for the Stizkreig and BOF/Low Countries. It's just a matter of ini work, as the national regions are already divided.

for something like that, however, it would be best set up as a completely separate terrain

---

spent all morning looking at it .. I built a special 'germany' only TE, got it in there, made a few changes, saved everything, put the new TFD/HFD, data ini, etc, and the fucker still crashes at 10%.

what a waste of my time

Listen, every time that DAT release a sort of such "thematic" planes a new full campaign is on cooking

I've been watching that too. wonder which terrain build of mine they're going to "borrow" for that.

Is Ansons still around?

he posts updates on his Europe terrain over few months. Been only working on it for, what? almost 5 years new??

the failure to load keeps pointing me to an ini problem of some kind...just can't pin the fucker. even if a terrain is missing tiles in the terrain folder, they usually work; just leave black squares where they're supposed to be.

very odd

I put Ansons Greece terrain into my SF2: Anatolia install (based on a full merged SF2 install).

It loads fine but there are no runways, no limited nations.ini (flying against soviet MiGs when I was hoping for Turkish opposition!), and the targets, front line etc seemed to be pretty screwed up.

I flew for Greece and the game gave me a mission flying out of Israel against a target in Egypt. There were Red bases in Greece and points north as well as in Egypt.

I then flew for Turkey and was given a mission flying out of Egypt against a target in Egypt! Again, the Red and Blue bases were nowhere near where they are supposed to be.

It's a shame as the terrain would be useful for WW2, Cold War, WW3 and modern anti terror missions, although it does duplicate some of the other terrains already available.

Still if anyone does get around to updating it I'll download and fly in it with thanks!

EAW Euro would be (relatively) easy to rebuild for the Stizkreig and BOF/Low Countries. It's just a matter of ini work, as the national regions are already divided.

for something like that, however, it would be best set up as a completely separate terrain

Well, why don´t you try? It serves for both before France invasion or after some months after DDAY. That´s a thing we hardly miss... :please: