Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Albatros W.4 - Late version

Today I uploaded a late version of the Albatros W.4 float plane. This one has the radiator on the upper wing. It includes an Austrian skin with the Austrian Naval tail markings. While I was at it, I uploaded a new version of the early W.4 which also includes an Austrian skin. The skins for both planes are interchangeable. Thanks again to ojcar for making yet another FM for my planes. 

post-67404-0-61904800-1383890269.jpg

post-67404-0-36995600-1383890295.jpg

post-67404-0-87165800-1383890316.jpg

post-67404-0-04652800-1383890361.jpg

post-67404-0-29349200-1383890390.jpg

You keep surprising us with with these great rare seaplanes. Great work Stephen1918. With gterl's Italian Front terrain in the works any plans for any Italian Macchi or Austrian Lohner flying boats?  

• Like 1

Well, Austrians used some Albatros W4 and Italians used some Sopwith Baby....

The problem is in campaigns. Sometimes, when frontlines change in a offensive, some units change their aerodrome, so you can have your floatplane unit landing in mountain airdromes sometimes.......

The Austrian skins are not in the pack. Only the hex camo is in the Austrian skin folder. Is this correct or am I missing something?

There is one Austrian skin with each plane. In the late version, it's the blue hex. In the early version, it's a wood and linen. All the skins are interchangeable so you can make a blue hex Austrian skin for the early if you want.

I am planning on doing some flying boats, definitely a Macchi and a Lohner. BUT I need to finish the RAF BE2 first.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 2

None of my W.4 folders has a wood and linen skin. Did I miss something in a download? Was the early W.4 updated?

Yes, I uploaded a new version of the Early W.4 yesterday when I uploaded the Late W.4. If you only have blue hex skins for the early version, then you probably have the original upload. Ojcar made a new FM and I uploaded that as version 2 back in June. Yesterday I uploaded version 2.1 which adds the Austrian wood and linen skin.

Ah! I didn't realize there was an update for the W.4. Thanks Stephen