Typhoon

OT: You Play The Hand You Are Dealt

Last week I was diagnosed with cancer of the bladder. I am scheduled for surgery on Nov 22, and will be given more info after the biopsy is completed. I made it through a knee replacement, a triple bypass, and a broken neck, but this one has me worried. The Doc says it was definitely caused by my 45 years of smoking, so I have no one to blame but myself.

Tony

Good luck and Godspeed! At this point the cause is irrelevant. What's done is done. The important part now is your recovery.

(Have to add [parenthetically, because it is OT from your post], I admire your bold acceptance of responsibility. In my observations, such a positive quality is eroding, at least in the US.)

I'm very sorry to hear this.  My family and I will keep you in our thoughts and our prayers.  Hoping you get the best chances possible, and the best care.

I know how you feel. I had a prostate removed in 2008. All seems well now, but it's scary. Used to be that cancer of any type meant 'game over', but much has changed. I wish you the best.

Good luck mate. Hope all will be well. The Kids need you out on the field, making the calls. good ones and bad ones. we will Keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Tony, don't let the diagnose make you head-shy.

I read that the chances of recovery are good nowadays.

And I wish you the best for your surgery, and after.

Wow, my first visit here for a while and I read this. I know what you're going through, Tony, and yes it's scary but wonders can be achieved. My thoughts are with you and your family. All the best m8.

Be strong Tony.  As mentioned earlier the medical field has come a long way and things that we used to consider miracles are done almost every day today.  They say that your spirit and strength are 90% of the healing and recovery process and it is obvious with everything you have already overcome that you have the spirit and strength. 

I'll add my prayers and encouragement.  I know at least one older fellow (solidly in his 70's) who is dealing with it, and he says he's "still buying green bananas!"  It doesn't seem to be affecting him too badly.  Best to you, and keep your hope up and your attitude positive.

I can't really say anything that no-one else has said.  If they are considering surgery, then they must have high hopes for that treatment. 

Just remember to get computer with a joystick set up for your convalescence!

Well this morning they got a cancellation for tomorrow and asked if I would like to go a week early. So the surgery is tomorrow instead of next week. They have wi-fi in there so I'll bring my laptop and try and keep everyone up to date. The only thing I'm really worried about is that they will release WOFF while I am in there. 

Thanks for all the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Tony

Hope it all goes well, Tony. And if WOFF does come out while you're there... what better incentive to a speedy recovery.

The only thing I'm really worried about is that they will release WOFF while I am in there.

Tony, I guess you will be up and bouncing again before that happens.

And I am sure you'll triple enjoy it then!

Tony, I can only echo the heartfelt comments already posted here.  God's speed my friend, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

The only thing I'm really worried about is that they will release WOFF while I am in there. 

Then tell them they have to have you recovered in two weeks - just in time.

Hope everything goes well.

I saw the Doctor this afternoon and he says they are pretty sure that the cancer had not penetrated the wall of the bladder ( a good thing), but to be sure i will again have surgery on the 20th of Dec. to confirm it. He also said that it was avery agressive form of bladder cancer and I may need chemo aterwards.

Thanks for all the encouragement, it is much appreciated.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Very glad to hear from you again.

Good luck

Ted

Glad to hear you got a speeded up date for the surgery. Concentrate on recovery, and if you're still trapped there in hospital when WOFF releases, The Barmy OFFers will see to it a copy of WOFF gets in your hot, eager hands. While waiting...there's always Nurse Gladys.  

Edited by Hauksbee

Tony, that won't be the nice Christmas you sure had desired,

but then next Christmas will be triple great.

I wish you the best of success with it.

Tony;

I too am wishig you all the best. Hang in there things can only get better.