Hi guys ive got a merged install and im trying to get the A6A and A6B working using A6 superpak 1.51 and Razbams cockpit. Ive copyied all the files to my mod folder for the a6's from the unziped super pack and then added razbams cockpits but when I go into the sim they dont appear in my list of flyable aircraft? what am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

Perhaps you aren't picking a year that the models are available? Just a guess..

No I tried that mate, Im testing them in single mission and they dont appear. How did you install them beach?

are they installed correctly??

have you physically checked the folder trees WITHIN the respective mods folders they're installed to??

one of the most common errors, are double nested folders

meaning:

Objects/Objects/Aircraft/A-6A

or to that effect (with several variations)

this next is going to make me sound like a bit of an asshole, so forgive me in advance...

were the instructions in the readme followed to the letter? This is WHY we write detailed, step-by-step install instructions.

OTH, SF2 makes it much easier, as long as the add-on is packaged correctly, following the folder structure exactly as created within the varying mods folders. I'm pretty sure that one is, but would have to physically unzip it to be sure

The A-6 ini should have this:

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=A-6A Intruder (64)
AircraftShortName=A-6
AircraftDataFile=A-6A_DATA.ini
CockpitDataFile=A-6A_COCKPIT.INI   <----must be there
HangarScreen=A-6A_HANGAR.BMP
LoadoutImage=A-6A_LOADOUT.tga
LoadingScreen=A-6A_loading.bmp
LoadoutFile=A-6A_LOADOUT.INI
AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll
AvionicsDataFilename=A-6A_AVIONICS.ini
UserList=A-6A_UserList.ini

ok... I think I see the problem...

after d/ling, unzipping, and examining the proper inis

have you re-added the CockpitDataFile= line to each of the aircraft's main ini??? It's commented OUT in all of them, as the End User ™ must add his/her own cockpit

Thusly:

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=A-6E Intruder
AircraftShortName=A-6
AircraftDataFile=A-6E_data.ini
LoadoutFile=A-6E_loadout.ini
UserList=A-6E_UserList.ini
//CockpitDataFile=A-6B_COCKPIT.ini
AvionicsDataFilename=A-6E_avionics.ini
AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll
HangarScreen=A-6E_Hangar.jpg
LoadingScreen=A-6E_loading.jpg
LoadoutImage=A-6_loadout.tga

note the statement in bold

Wrench you sir are a gentleman and a scholar, thanks! :biggrin:

Ain't that the truth.

Hi guys,

I have SF2V + the air and ground expansion mod. In layman's (idiot's!) terms (1, 2, 3 etc), please can someone tell me how to get this mod up and running?

I've got the aircraft to show up but when I go to fly, the aircraft is just a black shape with hook and spoilers deployed.

Is this a .lod issue? If so, how do I get the .lods?

Hoping you can help...

Thank you. 

if you have a black colored aircraft, you obviously HAVE the aircraft. It's just lacking the skins (untextured lod material turns black in sf2)

as to installing, download all the relelvant parts, unzip #1, READ THE README and follow it's instructions.

don't get too much simpler than that!

Edited by Wrench

OK - I'll keep having a play around and see if I can work it out  :biggrin:  I only have the 1 .lod file (from the FOTI Intruder) and the.ini seems to reference 5...

wrong lod ...

don't work right in SF2, as ALL the aircraft have been remapped from WoV, and are in Unicode now (not that that makes much difference)

you'll need SF2NA for the Intruders.

Otherwise, you can buy the Razbam Intruders - however I know of no skins for them on this site, so you'd be stuck with the stock Razbam skins. They are certainly not compatible with the TW Intruders.

I think you guys have given me the answer. I didn't realise I needed the .lods from SFNA (which I have). I think I've also been making a mistake trying to mix the skins. I'll have another go. Thanks for the help! :biggrin:

OK guys - here's an odd one for you! I've got the A-6B working with the RAZBAM cockpit. I've installed the A-6A exactly the same with the RAZBAM cockpit. I've amended the A-6A.ini so it looks for the cockpit. Then, I load up the sim and the A-6 isn't there. I go back to the A-6A.ini and it's a shortened version without the mention of the cockpit, hangar screen, loadout etc... What on earth is going on? This is really driving me nuts!

Have you run a patch that has updated the stock A-6A.ini back to the default entries?

Thanks for the reply. No. I've made no changes between copying the A-6A.ini file, removing the '//' in front of the cockpit line and then running the sim. The plane isn't there, I go back to the A-6A.ini and the Aircraft Data is truncated without the line about the cockpit or lines regarding hanger, loadout etc. It's so weird! I wish I could spend more time flying than fiddling with this stuff!! I don't know why the A-6B is working but the A isn't!?

It happens all the time -- to all AIs made flyable

The game does that automatically, at random intervals at start up (you can sometime hear the HD accessing, and why it takes some long to load the game sometimes). Same goes for all the migs and spitfires, too

which is why it's reccomended to use my (patent pending) "1 Clilck Restore Ini" procedure. It 's in the sf2 KB somewhere...

edit:

damnit, it's NOT in frakking KB!! (I just looked!)

here's how it works:

after adding all the necessary lines to the *nameofplane*.ini, for any of the AIs made flyable, save that original. Then, 'save as...' a copy.

after the game automatically rewrites, it's just a simple rename or (re)save as...

the alternative is to make the main ini read only, but that prevents the automatic addition of any new skins. they'd have to be added manually

Hi guys,

Setting the A-6A.ini to read only seems to have done the trick. Hurray! Thank you so much for your help.

I have also failed to install the A-6 Super Pack correctly.

I have got the skins to work on the AI and installed the Marine Campaigns for SF2E. I installed the Razbams A-6 pit, but no dice. No A-6's at all...

I apologize if I seem to be asking a lot of questions... I used to have the WOV and SF1, but I've been away and got a new Win7 PC, and I am back in it with SF2E, SF2V, SF2NA and SF2I and it seems like everything is different!

I need some help... :(