Sign in to follow this  
wiki

Cannot launch or drop some of weapons

Hey guys,
I cannot launch or even dropping bomb for some of weapons
for example i use some modern planes on my single or campaign like F-15E or F-16, F-14, F22 etc and on my mission i take some air to air missiles like AIM120 or AIM7
but the problem is they wont fire also they even cannot track the target.
anyone can tell me what should i do? do i've to edit the weapon config or something? and please tell me how
Thank you

Edited by wiki

Did you check out the warranty on your weapons?

Radar guided AAMs won't launch unless you have a radar target, and to get them to track, you need to be within min-max range, and allowable steering error. Here is a cockpit shot from a CF-4E just after firing an AIM-7. The smaller circle is the allowable steering error, the dot within the circle is the steering dot. This must be inside ASE for a successful firing. The two small horizontal lines are minimum and maximum ranges. The ranges depicted here are a minimum range of 1NM and a maximum range of 13NM. The target is 10NM away. The outer circle indicates closing velocity. This is judged from the gap in the circle. Here, a closing velocity of approximately 1000 knots is indicated. Use of the accelerometer is also necessary. With virtually all older weapons, firing at more than 2G is inadvisable. 

The Weapon Delivery Manual written by Bob McCray has the following gap positions-closing velocities:

10:30 o'clock 450 knots opening
11:00 o'clock 300 knots opening
12:00 o'clock 0 knots
1:00 o'clock 300 knots closing
2:00 o'clock 600 knots closing
3:00 o'clock 900 knots closing
4:00 o'clock 1200 knots closing
5:00 o'clock 1500 knots closing
6:00 o'clock 1800 knots closing
7:00 o'clock 2100 knots closing
8:00 o'clock 2400 knots closing
9:00 o'clock 2700 knots closing

I wouldn't go into editing the weapons until you understand the correct firing techniques, and can apply them consistently.

does this AIM 120 or AIM 7 work had the same mechanism like AIM 9? sometimes i follow my target from behind after im out of my AIM 9 and only got AIM120 left, and target range is variation between 3-10 but nothing happen and no locking at the target, when im press key "E or R" i try to keep my sight at the target and sometimes i follow the target hoping i can shoot with my AIM 120B/C (i always use my AIM9 because the nonfunction of AIM120 or AIM7)

Edited by wiki

Got it! i've to use home or page up key for radar!! (oh so soorryy!! im so dumb!!)...i thought it's has same mechanism like AIM9 which is very simple just seek and fire, for 3 years i've been looking for the answer and just found it today, i thought that's because the config problem and that key i've never use that before !

The AIM-9 is a passive IR seeker. It senses the heat from an aircraft's engine exhaust, or heat induced by friction between the aircraft and outside air. You can tell that an IR seeker is locked on because of the tone it will generate. When locked on, the tone will increase in volume and pitch.

With the radar-guided missiles, you need to use the radar to acquire and lock up the target before firing. You must be within all parameters before firing. With semi-active missiles (AIM-7), you must keep the radar locked on to the target until impact.

Got it! i've to use home or page up key for radar!! (oh so soorryy!! im so dumb!!)...i thought it's has same mechanism like AIM9 which is very simple just seek and fire, for 3 years i've been looking for the answer and just found it today, i thought that's because the config problem and that key i've never use that before !

Three years?!

Edited by Sheriff001

The AIM-9 is a passive IR seeker. It senses the heat from an aircraft's engine exhaust, or heat induced by friction between the aircraft and airframe. You can tell that an IR seeker is locked on because of the tone it will generate. When locked on, the tone will increase in volume and pitch.

With the radar-guided missiles, you need to use the radar to acquire and lock up the target before firing. You must be within all parameters before firing. With semi-active missiles (AIM-7), you must keep the radar locked on to the target until impact.

Three years?!

yes it's almost 3 years i guess, first play in 2010 and the last time i play in around 2011 with so many aircrafts and mod i've collect but not so long after that  i lost all of mod i've collect because my hardrive dead and just a couple month in 2013 i've begin install it again after seeing so many new mod, but till 2011 this problem never solve by me because i thought it was in weapon config that didnt match with aircraft config :D

Edited by wiki