MigBuster

Female RAF recruits paid compensation for marching injuries

no comment

Three female RAF recruits are to be paid compensation for injuries reportedly suffered while marching alongside male colleagues.

They claimed parading alongside taller male recruits caused them to over-stride and develop spinal and pelvic injuries, the Mail on Sunday reported.

It is understood they will receive £100,000 from the MoD.

The MoD said the RAF had now reviewed its recruit training practices to mitigate against the risk.....................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25078544

Structural failure? Over G?

Edited by mdatelmi

Cant hack it with the boys then stay out.

It can be only one standard in the military. If someone does not fit, then he must go.

Hail all the "equality" standards and compulsory female quota by EU.  Whining machines... "working" in air conditioned offices. Once a year have to shoot and march to pretend to be soldiers ...

....then they start crying inequality. And promoted within a year to sergeants. For what??? For... :censored:

It can only happen in Europe

Cant hack it with the boys then stay out.

We all said that... but dare to say such to emancipussies... they start yelling discrimination. Like all "poor suffering minorities" these days.

Just FYI, recruits, male and female, in the US Army may recieve disability pay for similar injuries if they are subject to a medical discharge.

What where they doing marching? Especially in the RAF. Nobody does that crap anymore. Geez I had to get crushed and almost blown up three times before I got anything. Army getting soft. My opinion, male or female, if you want to bitch about something as trivial as "marching sores" then I think you owe the military money for wasting their time.

• Like 2

I heard from marines, that in their camps there were no separate barracks for women... not even toilet.. the guy said, there are no men and women, just marines. If thats true (i believe) than thats a really enviable way of thinking.

With only 3 recruits injured out of 33000 in service it's not the fault of the RAF or it's training techniques that meant that those 3 ended up damaging themselves whilst marching i.e they had weak bones etc. Thousands of other females and short males have passed through basic training without similar injury and the "Info" about them being "forced" into 30in paces is rubbish, stride length is not and has never been measured during RAF basic training.

However, the lack of care they got from the medical staff  "Just get on with it" etc even with 3 pelvic fractures, is sadly all too common in the RAF medical service. We can produce the best medics in the world for places like Afghanistan yet back at home a lot of medics (but not all thankfully) are pretty poor at their job, so much so it's a favourite topic of discussion - "What did the medics do wrong with you?" is a common daily conversation.

Edited by ianh755

When we were in basic training... (last century.. huh)  our medic old boozer... gave nose drops for all injuries and illnesses )))))))))) 

- ..but my knees...! 

- They caught could...

Edited by Snailman

Unfortunately, The Armed Forces (certainly in the UK) come under the same system of 'Health and Safety' as any other employer. So, if you're injured at work, and it's not your fault...they'll be a fat bastard Lawyer just a phone call away!

I didn't know marching beside a Brit soldier was so stressful.  I shall be careful should the need arise. 

I was under the impression that military service by anyone was permissible as long as their participation did not detract from the effectiveness of the fighting force.  Never was sure how marching around contributed to the effectiveness of a fighting force, but there are better men than I who have determined it to be so.  If that is the case, then women must be tested for acceptability prior to entry into the service and not after they are put in a position to harm themselves.  So, I propose that each woman at the beginning of basic training be put between two Marine DI's and marched for several hours straight and released from service if it appears that harm may have been done.  Each woman may opt out at that point or prior to the marching test.  The male basic volunteers would not have to do this as it has not been litigated. 

Thereby, the splendid, bitchy results of a few will result in further misery for the many.  Another great step forward in achieving sexual equality in the workplace!!!!

Do I sound sarcastic?

• Like 1

Anyone else have trouble with my_little_scheme....marching up and down the square??!?!?!

• Like 1