Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Yet another 3d model request...

one of these days, somebody is gonna tell me "lean MAX for yourself!!". (I do have it, but need the key code to unlock it. ain't saying no more, if ya get my drift!!!)

anyway, I have need for a few static, low poly destroyable parked (ok, in this case moored) aircraft (flying boats)

H6K Mavis

H8K Emily (for a couple of PTO/CBI in the works terrains)

PBY Catalina (for Europe, in particular Scapa Flow)

they have to sit on the water looking pretty until somebody comes along and blows them up. :biggrin:

anyone that can, I'd really appreciate it! Credit in the readmes is all I can offer, and my thanks of course!!

TIA!

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1

I need the PBY's also for my Kanehoe Airbase mod I've been working on, Wheels/floating.

Could not Veltros Catalina be used for parking? It can lower its floating pylons after all.

Yes, but the poly count will go way up, I don't know how many Wrench needs , but I need 10 to 15 sitting on the ramp for my mod, YAP uses full models for ground and the FPS gets wacked.

like any other aircraft, ported to be a 'static ground object', they tend to sink halfway up the body into the ground/water. The poly count on the original Cats is pretty high or at the very least, needs better optimization to reduce/remove the stuttering and FPS drop when external viewing more than one

for the one seaplane base (Canton), there'd be 3 or 4. In Scapa Flow, at least 6 moored Cats.