A question for the tech gurus here.
I just got back in the cockpit seat after a long time.installed SF2,SF2israel,SF2Europe,SF2Vietnam and all updates including the lateset.
I've played with it with a Thrustmaster usb simple stick and everything worked nice.

Then i remembered i had my X52 somewhere so i disconnected the TMuster usb and connected the X52.tested it in windows 7 and it works just fine.

The problem is that when i start a mission in the sim the AC rolls right automaticly without me even touching the stick. :blink: :blink:
Can anyone help with this issue ? I can't seem to figure out whats wrong here.
:help: :help:

Seems it`s the rudder, the poti of the rudder input gets dirty during the time, you can find solution how to clean it at Youtube, have done it myself so it takes just 15 mins for all stuff

Yes,it seems like it's the rudder but when i check it in the X52 preferences in win7 it looks steady.

Is it possible that the Win7 test isn't accurate enough ?

Try downloading and installing the latest driver...

Did you confirm that all the axis for the controller are correctly assigned within the games options/controls menu?

Sometimes it's the simplest oversights...?

Try deleting the controls.ini file in your user\saved games\thirdwire\SFxx\Controls folder. forcing the system to generate a new one, and then assign the axis, switches, etc. This has worked in the past for me.

Try deleting the controls.ini file in your user\saved games\thirdwire\SFxx\Controls folder. forcing the system to generate a new one, and then assign the axis, switches, etc. This has worked in the past for me.

Tried that but no go.

It stays the same.

I'll try to get and install the new drivers but i'm realy sceptic.Though i realy hope it'll solve it.

Thanks guys.

OK I have the EXACT same problem. I'm using the HOTAS cougar throttle and X52 stick. Latest driver, no axis is shaky, everything is centered and working fine, but the AC in game rolls automatically.

Then I started setting deadzones in the SF2 setup page. The auto roll stopped, but came back after a few flights. Found out to my surprise, that every time SF2 restarts, the deadzone setting would decrease, until it goes to zero, and the auto roll started again.

So now my band-aid solution is setting deadzone to 0 in-game, exit, open controls.ini with a notepad, and manually edit pitch_control and yaw_control to have a deadzone value of 1, and then change the file properties of controls.ini to Read Only.

This seems to work, as it stops sf2.exe from modifying controls.ini. But it's... kind of a hack:| Hopefully it helps a bit.

Edited by Do335

After testing the issue in Falcon 4 also, i can definetly say that it's a hall sensor issue

OK I have the EXACT same problem. I'm using the HOTAS cougar throttle and X52 stick. Latest driver, no axis is shaky, everything is centered and working fine, but the AC in game rolls automatically.

Then I started setting deadzones in the SF2 setup page. The auto roll stopped, but came back after a few flights. Found out to my surprise, that every time SF2 restarts, the deadzone setting would decrease, until it goes to zero, and the auto roll started again.

So now my band-aid solution is setting deadzone to 0 in-game, exit, open controls.ini with a notepad, and manually edit pitch_control and yaw_control to have a deadzone value of 1, and then change the file properties of controls.ini to Read Only.

This seems to work, as it stops sf2.exe from modifying controls.ini. But it's... kind of a hack:| Hopefully it helps a bit.

OK,

After trying all kinds of stuff including disassambling the x52 stick and trying to do somthing, i can honestly say that it's a hall sensor issue.

Also tried the deadzone option but the problem is that the pitch up and roll right are jumping from 0% to 100% without any linear increment.

That's when i decided to put the x52 stick away and use the TM usb until i'll have some time to deal with the problem.So now i use the simple TM stick and the x52 throtle.

That realy works great.

If windows shows the correct value (i.e. you've actually seen the red bar move left & right from the center when you move the rudder), then are you sure you've got the correct axis mapped within the game?  What happens if you try full opposite rudder to counteract the roll?

On a Cougar?  I have some experience there. I'll bet you dimes to doughnuts that your X and Y pots are carbon-tracked, and causing spikes on those axis.  Take the stick apart, remove and disassemble the pots, using electrical contact cleaner (make sure that it's plastic friendly, first), reassemble, and recalibrate.  I have a zero dead zone setting in my Cougar control panel, because after that little bit of maintenance, that's how accurate it has become.

On a Cougar?  I have some experience there. I'll bet you dimes to doughnuts that your X and Y pots are carbon-tracked, and causing spikes on those axis.  Take the stick apart, remove and disassemble the pots, using electrical contact cleaner (make sure that it's plastic friendly, first), reassemble, and recalibrate.  I have a zero dead zone setting in my Cougar control panel, because after that little bit of maintenance, that's how accurate it has become.

the stick is not even connected to the base on my cougar:D as i said in my post i'm using the x52 stick.

my cougar was mostly for falcon4.0 flying which im not doing much these days. pots are a pita indeed and no need to wear them out on strike fighters

Edited by Do335