RAF_Louvert

The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy?

hee, hee ... I meant to say "Bwian, eh?"  

I should have waited til I'd had my second cup of coffee. :biggrin:

I should have waited til I'd had my second cup of coffee. 

Me too, sorry, Sirs!

After my usual evening quota of brandy I can still follow the rules - but often by devious means...

Stwike him, Centuwion, vewy woughly!

...and fwow him to the fwoor!

Beanie lad, we don't provide you with any kit apart from our spiffing BOC badge.

True, for the most part, but there is "The Calibration Test". When the bartender signals "Last Call", we require the

new initiate to swagger the length of the bar. If the swagger is found wanting, we re-position the stick.

However, prior discussions notwithstanding, I do believe that the momentous occasion of WOFF being truly in production, combined with the new barminess afforded our little band by the adoption of 'The Dodo's Chorus' warrants a change in the badge design.

I therefore offer the following for consideration, but if we prefer to stick to the old, all well and good.

BOC Pin II.jpg

Apologies for being improperly dressed, having problems getting the BOC badge into my signature.  Still walking funning after the stick incident!   Must have had to many celebration drinks!

I really do like the design, but I think it needs a little patina added to it. It certainly doesn't look aged and tarnished enough to go with our BOC nature eh what?

Hello chaps,

bit late - mind unhinged by WOFF excitements.

Welcome Beanie, large pink gin thanks. If they

haven't got pink light green will do.

BWOC BWOC?  Sounds like you blokes have been at

the Turkish ciggies again :drag:

Waiter, some WOFFair thin mints for these people.

Non-shiny version then...

BOC Pin II.jpg

Edited by Dej

Oooh Matron!  Is that a dodo in my trousers?  Outstanding Dej, just beautiful, and I like the banner being situated such that one is reading it correctly.  I approve!

And hellooooo RamblingSid, good to see you're still about Sir.  As to those turkish cigs, we've been into those for quite some time now.

Edited by RAF_Louvert

I vote we make it official and adopt Dej's latest effort as our new club badge.  It keeps with our traditions while acknowledging the newest OFF incarnation.

post-22996-0-58346700-1386579485.jpg

All in favour say, "BWOC BWOC BWOC!"clapping.gif.pagespeed.ce.letqCZTOMd.gif

Steady on, Lou. One "Bwoc" is sufficient. There's a good fellow.

That said, I'm all for adoption. (But who'd have me?)

Edited by Hauksbee

BWOC BWOC BWOC

the badge has a nice patina now!!

I was wondering what you good men would do when WOFF came out!  but the more important question is,

ARE YOU STOCKING THE BAR???

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.b4aSfC0e_R.gifdrinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gifdrinks_drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.KPS6IFLTfs

We are looking at imminent release, men, and we must be suitably oiled up! hyper.gif.pagespeed.ce.FBmB7Mp3Td.gifpilotfly.gif.pagespeed.ce.SDXsiZ7eF_.gif

BWOC! BWOC! BWOC!

(I can has new badge, or must we wait for release?)

Edited by HumanDrone

HumanDrone, no worries on the bar stock.  The first half of the order arrived today from the local brewery, and the distillers made their delivery last Friday.  We should be good until New Year's.

beer_wagon_001.jpg

BWOC BWOC BWOC!  (or given what some of those barrels contain perhaps I should say Bock Bock Bock)   :biggrin:

Bwoc, Bwoc, Bwoc!

I like the motto.

Well, the motto is meant to remind us of the 'Fifteen feet and he flies inverted' line. Everything 'BOC' should be upside down and/or back to front.

I hear tell that some ambitiously barmy members have experimented with reversed airscrews in hope of driving a machine backwards. Fortunately none have been injured when their engine has ripped itself apart!

HumanDrone, no worries on the bar stock.  The first half of the order arrived today from the local brewery, and the distillers made their delivery last Friday.  We should be good until New Year's.

BWOC BWOC BWOC!  (or given what some of those barrels contain perhaps I should say Bock Bock Bock)   :biggrin:

Gee, should we issue an Amber alert? ;)

That may get us to New Year's  if they don't rel ----no, I can't even type it, Heaven forbid.

Dej, that was nice work on the BWOC logo, and I sure got a chuckle over the orientation of the banner.  "tis a Badge I'd be proud to wear!  And as you can see, inverted is my usual modus operandi...

Note to our non US friends:  an Amber Alert is a bulletin that goes out when a child goes missing.  No offense intended, I just can't pass on a pun....

Edited by HumanDrone

Dej, you are the goldsmith for the club's works - wonderful new badge, Sir!

Can you deliver them to us?

Maybe I could have mine as a PNG file with a transparent background?

Then I can try all sorts of coloured velvet with it.

Ooooh, I like that!  Transparent background, that is.  Little easier to work with, as you note.

But I'm still trying to work out which part is upside down...  Guess I'll have another round, if Beanie's still buying!  Maybe i'll have another round even if Beanie ISN'T still buying.  Maybe two rounds.  MAybe I'll just kepp going until something looks right side down, or wrong side up, or inside out or something.

And I'm 'way too late with my Contact! (tink...tink... tink...) Clear!

(Dang work always interfering with  my fun!)

I've given Lou the versions with a CombatAce background (the 'official' version) as he's the official awarder of the badge. He also has the final word on how it may be used - and he may well frown on attempts to make it pink, for example.

But for those that can't resist fiddling with it here are two .png versions, one with all the drop shadow and illumination (DLT) and a transparent background, the other just with the transparent background (T)

Have Fun!

BOC Pin II DLT.png

BOC Pin II T.png

Edited by Dej

PINK!  Gawd no.  I think everyone who is displaying the old BOC badge should switch and use either the top version of the png you've just posted, (if they need one without a background), or use the jpeg you posted earlier in this thread. This will maintain at least some semblance of continuity.

So, to review, grab and use this png image if you want no background; resize to fit your signature block:

post-22996-0-50617500-1386679519.png

Or, grab and use this jpeg image if you want the CA background; resize to fit your signature block:

xpost-22996-0-58346700-1386579485.jpg.pa

Make it so Gentlemen, make it so.

Ironic this is.

I've changed my signature to include the new badge, uploaded it to My Gallery here, copied the image link below from the Options dropdown and pasted into my signature code

http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=26930&file=max

All looks hunky-dory on the signature page, i.e. the image is there and working... I go to save it and get this error message:

Oops! Something went wrong!

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

Anyone got any ideas?

What image size are you trying to place in your sig block Dej?  Can't be any wider than 500 pix and no taller than 200 pix.