RAF_Louvert

The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy?

Well, I'm having a senior moment and can't remember how I loaded my old badge let alone a new one. :grandpa:

Well, I'm having a senior moment and can't remember how I loaded my old badge let alone a new one. :grandpa:

Nor can I...

I propose that all senior members (as determined by age rather than length of membership) have an extra round of drinks to help them forget why they've forgotten.

What image size are you trying to place in your sig block Dej?  Can't be any wider than 500 pix and no taller than 200 pix.

It's 500 wide by 100 tall. It's the same Barmy Airman song but with the new badge. I don't understand the problem, if I go to the image in My Gallery the dimensions are there. As it happens not a single image works - same problem all the time.

Dej, I think something must have changed when the website was updated a while back.  None of the images in my galleries display an image link that ends with the image type and it appears this suffix is needed for the image to be recognized in the signature block.  The image I am using is not stored in the CA galleries but is parked elsewhere and it works just fine.  Perhaps one of the CA powers-that-be, (Dave maybe), can help you with this.

Hiya Lou!

CaptSopwith reporting for duty! Hope I'm not too late for roll call, and a pint of Guinness at the pub! I have updated my pilot's badge accordingly, as befits the occassion!

And remember, Guinness is good for you! :crazy:

Edited by _CaptSopwith

Soppy, old man, it is never too late for a Guinness.  Mmmmmm ... extra stout.  However, as I must remain clear for morning patrol it will have to be a hot cup of extra stout coffee at the mo.

Indeed, my good fellow.  As a matter of fact, a good, fresh Guinness draught is the only beer I ever tucked into that I actually liked!  Of course, I've only had 4 beers in my life - just not a beer man...  But I was heartened, as I certainly am an Irishman!

In the spririt of Christmas and dear ol' Ireland, I shall spot everyone a Guinness at the next gathering of the BOC!

I hear tell that some ambitiously barmy members have experimented with reversed airscrews in hope of driving a machine backwards. Fortunately none have been injured when their engine has ripped itself apart!

Nonsense! It worked just fine. It's called a DH.2 (well...pretty fine.)

Nonsense! It worked just fine. It's called a DH.2 (well...pretty fine.)

(Well... barmy anyway)

A question of profound import needs a ruling from our founding members, to wit: RAF_Lou. Olham and Dej. (we're taking this one right to the top.) If a member is currently flying WOFF, but still takes occasional forays into OFF, and can even be found in the halls of RoF, might they be properly called "WOFFlers"?

I am going to have to get going on my rough draft (or is it a rough daft?) of my resume for consideration for membership into this exclusive society.

What "exclusive society" do you mean, Duke - "WOFFlers" (which is not yet a confirmed title for a society made up of WOFF flyers);

or do you mean the "Barmy OFFers Club"?

As I have a certain reputation there, and am a (hopefully) well-respected Vice-President (or so I think my title was) - aerhhm... -

what was I going to say? Ah, the membership, yes...

("Can I have a Director's Bitter, quick? - Thank you!" Gulp! Gulp! Gulp! "Aaahh!!")

..now, aerh - where was I?

Ahem - yes, I hereby vote for this man, who isn't only barmy enough to spend some of his valuable lifetime around here

(and even gives barmy answers on even barmier questions), but who is also so barmy to call himself DukeIronHand, aerhhh...

("Can you fill this pint again?")

...ahem - yes, I vote for making him a member of the "Barmy OFFers Club".

Lou and Dej - I think you will confirm this vote - after all he should have been with us since a long time.

Edited by Olham

Confirmed for my part - Ol' Rusty Digits is very welcome and I'm sure Lou will confirm and confer upon him the Badger of Membership.

Therefore, following the grand tradition of new members buying the drinks - and because I know the Mess Steward just received a batch of Cork Blue Label Dry Gin from his cousin in the Emerald Isle - I'll have a Dog's Nose.

As to the WOFFlers question, I think the general consensus was in favour of remaining as 'OFFers' per the original formation of the BOC. However, it's all in fun so I think people may call themselves what they wish... for instance I prefer to be called [CENSORED] at weekends so I'm not going to split hairs over that one!

Edited by Dej

Good point, Dej - I agree... - except for the Gin; you can have that all for yourself, if you like.

(I will sit next to Lou and try all the sorts of beers and ales he tries - he has much more

experience with British ales and beer. Of course, if you want to join us... - you could move

over to the Gin later?)

Thank you gentlemen for the belief that I have barmy nature and disposition to do the group proud.

First, and second, round is on me...quickly...drink up...dawn patrol tomorrow and the weather looks good.

Outstanding!  Another victim, err ummm, member.  Welcome to the BOC DukeIronHand, you are clearly qualified to be counted among the barmy Sir.  And since I've come late to the party ... BARKEEP!  Three pints right here for yours truly, and make them one pale ale, one brown ale, and one stout.

drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

Ah gee...I missed this ritual just when I needed it most... (the free toast rounds). You see...I was WOFF base helping Lou remove a fence post from his as.. (I mean carburetor). You know how Lou loves those farm fences! :biggrin:

Edited by rjw

You see...I was WOFF base helping Lou remove a fence post from his as.. (I mean carburetor). You know how Lou loves those farm fences!

Indeed! He brings new meaning to "being on the fence".

I believe I've hit every fence on Flanders Fields. Damn you Farmer Flanders!!!

So it's not just me? I got lost the other day somewheres around northern France, couldn't find St. Omer for the life of me. Went down to an aerodrome to "ask for directions" (check the in-game map), and right before landing... SON OF A !#*!%, WHO PUT A FENCE HERE?! Wheels clipped the damn thing pretty hard, and after that I couldn't get my engine to start anymore, so I had to spend the day with those chaps. Truly, war is hell.

!I'm a little late to the party, but I promised a round of good fresh Guiness at the next gathering!  Belly up, men, gather 'round, it's Christmas Eve and we have a new member!  Welcome Duke!

Gives a whole new emphasis to "fly by" before setting down, doesn't it!

Prediction: I will get killed by more fences than enemy aircraft.

Yuppers, you've got to watch for those fence posts or they'll do you up a treat mate!  I know of what I speak, and I've the funny walk to prove it.