Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Under water effect for No-Mans Land river

Came upon this by accident fiddling around with the TrenchRiver.tga. Played with the Alpha channel and a little paint and now the bridge looks like it's under water.

post-33545-0-35122500-1386186747_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-49960500-1386186748_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-49920900-1386186749_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-63196700-1386186750_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-28184600-1386186752_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

are the rails painted on the tile?

If so, you may need to paint their section fully black in the alpha

or, leave as is, to represent a bridge that's already been "dropped"

(that look really COOL too, btw!!)

Edited by Wrench

Well I intend to leave it. I was going for that collapsed look. I did paint the part of the bridge that is out of the water black in the Alpha channel. The section I wanted submerged I just painted the grey tone of the water. Simple trick really. It could be useful to create a sunken ship tile for a south pacific map perhaps where the waters would be more shallow.

Edited by quack74

shouldn't be that hard... a simple matter of dropping (painting) a circle, doing a bevel/emboss to raise it, some shadowing (maybe a drop shadow?), and painting in the tga section, leaving a part of the rim dry (black in the alpha)

remember, though, most 'river' sections are about 50 pixels wide (on a 512x512 tile) so careful placement will be necessary

Funny you should ask about water filled craters. I already started making them. Looks pretty good. I don't have a pic yet. I'll post later

• Like 1