Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

An important heads up for my CA friends.

Before I tell you the heads up, let me tell you about me first. I'm 44 and disabled. I am in a wheelchair and living with my mother and I have aide assistance. Ok that's done, here's the heads up.

This is the most important post I’ve ever written in my life.  For awhile now, my mother and I noticed that my right testicle was swollen.  The testicle stayed swollen until I asked my doctor during my regular checkup about it. After an ultrasound and a visit to an urologist yesterday, I might have to get an operation to remove my right testicle. The urologist said it might not be testicular cancer because he didn’t see any tumor in the ultrasound. But he said to be sure we have to remove it. Right now I’m on a real strong antibiotic to see if the swelling goes down. He said the antibiotic will probably not get the swelling down. If the swelling doesn’t go down, I’ll do the operation. I’m not worried though.  Just to tell you the heads up for you all.

Erik "Falcon" Glascoe

My friend, trust in the man above to watch out for you.

• Like 1

I am very sorry to hear you are having such trouble.

I hope that it is just a minor problem or at least can be solved with a minimum of pain and suffering.

What is the recovery time if they operate?

In particular, how long before you can sit up and play flight sims  :biggrin:

At the very minimum, even if you are constrained to lying down in a bed, you could always watch all the Godzilla movies.

I won't wish you luck because you don't need it... you already have and can continue to overcome adversity better than most people in the world.

But know that your friends here wish you the best health and happiness.

:airplane:

• Like 1

Falcon, you are in our prayers my friend. Get well soon. Please keep us posted.

Keep you in my prayers my friend. 

They may take the testicle, but at least you'll be able to keep the trophies. Best wishes.

They are going to need a bulldozer to remove one of your balls, pal, best of luck, be strong!

Thanks guys. My mother is a wreck though. She recently survived breast cancer. I'm trying to make her think positive.

Falcon

Falcon, best wishes for a complete and rapid recovery.  As difficult as it may seem, try to maintain a positive frame of mind.  You will beat this.

NeverEnough

hope it's nothing serious and the antibiotics will help out!

Totally rotten luck Falcon - feel for you - stay positive!

Stay strong Erik! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

We will keep you in our prayers. Hope the antibiotics work!

I am very sorry to hear you are having such trouble.

I hope that it is just a minor problem or at least can be solved with a minimum of pain and suffering.

What is the recovery time if they operate?

In particular, how long before you can sit up and play flight sims  :biggrin:

At the very minimum, even if you are constrained to lying down in a bed, you could always watch all the Godzilla movies.

I won't wish you luck because you don't need it... you already have and can continue to overcome adversity better than most people in the world.

But know that your friends here wish you the best health and happiness.

:airplane:

SE,

I don't know the down time after the operation but the urologist said that they do it on my bikini line. So, I might be bed ridden for awhile. Sucks too because my bedroom tv isn't a smart hdtv just a regular 480p flat screen LOL. I lost my dvd player remote somewhere. :doh:

Falcon

Positive attitude and try not to worry too much. Best of luck.

I just hope you didn't take too long after noticing it to mention it to the doctor. The earlier you start treating something, the better off you are pretty much 100% of the time. Better to waste a day and some money on unnecessary tests!

I waited a month after my sinuses started to feel congested before I found out I had a sinus infection. I could've taken the antibiotics 3 weeks earlier and saved myself a lot of pain!