Hauksbee

Is WOFF strictly solo flying?

In all the swirl of news and excitement about WOFF, I've missed the final word on multi-player. Will there be any? If I do a Roland two-seater campaign, can I get a human gunner?

ps: check Hellshades new videos on WOFF. The new bullets 'near miss' sounds will have you flinching in spite of yourself.

Edited by Hauksbee

No multiplayer for now. They've said that adding it would make development take quite a bit longer and they want to focus on the SP experience. I don't know if they're considering multiplayer later on.

I doubt it will ever happen, though I may be wrong

Multiplayer is already possible with OFF.

We even had a Multiplayer branch of OFF in this very forum.

http://combatace.com/forum/207-off-multiplayer/

Maybe someone who tried it can share their experiences.

I only just know that RedDog and many others had online meetings flying OFF.

I think Winder said recently, that they may have a look at some new online stuff later,

but right now they had concentrated on finishing WOFF.

Edited by Olham

Yes, was sadly disappointed to see there is no MP at present in WOFF.  Was curious as to whether or not some of the old missions we flew in OFF might still play in WOFF, but after digging out the missions and putting them in the WOFF directory, found there is no executable for a MP session.

Am still glad I could make a contribution to the dev's efforts on this, lord knows they deserve it, but was really hoping to play some WOFF MP.

Greetings, Duck! 'Good to know you're still out there.

I know the Devs didn't want MP to just be a WW1 "Deathmatch" experience.  They wanted something more historically accurate and they were working on it but decided they needed to release the sim before the 200th anniversary of WWI.   For now it is SP only, but with enough sales, anything is possible.

I know the Devs didn't want MP to just be a WW1 "Deathmatch" experience.  They wanted something more historically accurate and they were working on it but decided they needed to release the sim before the 200th anniversary of WWI.   For now it is SP only, but with enough sales, anything is possible.

200th anniversary ? We're not that old yet... :biggrin:

200th anniversary ? We're not that old yet... :biggrin:

I was joking about the complaints of how long WOFF was already taking.  If they put MP in, it might have to have been finished by their great grand children.    :)

I was joking about the complaints of how long WOFF was already taking.  If they put MP in, it might have to have been finished by their great grand children.    :)

If we had to wait much longer, it was Ctrl-Shift-K anyhow...

(bad WOFF inside joke)

Edited by HumanDrone

It would be nice to see a good, WOFF online campaign. I agree though, deathmatch isn't were it's at (besides, ROF covers that very well)

Probably best as it is..after all, there's no law against owning both ;)

WOFF does the campaign so brilliantly, and although I flew OFF online..it was nothing special

I pretty much had my fill of MP from my old RB3D online squadron days.  SP has been holding all my interest for a good long time now and I am quite happy with that.  But to each their own, and there is a lot of fun to be had in MP if it's set up properly.