Hi Adger1971, thanks for the reply. I had a look at your card, and it seems to be much more powerful that my current one. What kind of frame rate are you getting on WOFF? And, if it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting your frame rate from OFF, just to see the comparison?

DukeIronHand, that's exactly my worry. What kind of sims do you label as "graphics intensive", and which card are you using? Apologies if you've already said, I had a glance back through the thread and couldn't see it anywhere.

Thanks again!

Hi Adger1971, thanks for the reply. I had a look at your card, and it seems to be much more powerful that my current one. What kind of frame rate are you getting on WOFF? And, if it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting your frame rate from OFF, just to see the comparison?

DukeIronHand, that's exactly my worry. What kind of sims do you label as "graphics intensive", and which card are you using? Apologies if you've already said, I had a glance back through the thread and couldn't see it anywhere.

Thanks again!

Hi Ultimat,i can post a couple of screenies from WOFF,FPS on Woff im getting 20-30 on ground (depending on amount of craft etc) 40+ at times in the air......cant do a OFF comparison as ive uninstalled sorry,but IMHO WOFF seems....better optimized

dont,know if any other members can testify to this...Same as OFF labels on decreases fps by about 5,same as bad weather,but all looks clearer and ive not had a single stutter ...Hope this helps Dont know what the 2081 and 2053 are by the GPU if its Gpu memory then im puzzled as my card is DEFINITELY only 1GB 

Regards,  Adger .

Wow, Adger1971, WOFF sure looks great on your rig! Thanks for going to the effort with that post - it's really much appreciated. It may be worth me giving it a try judging by those frame rates; I suppose if I can't run it properly I'll be able to keep it somewhere safe until I have a graphics card that's up to the task. If it's any help, I can run Battlefield 3 at about 20fps on Low settings at 1080p, and 25-35fps on Low at ~720p. Thanks again guys!

• Like 1

Wow, Adger1971, WOFF sure looks great on your rig! Thanks for going to the effort with that post - it's really much appreciated. It may be worth me giving it a try judging by those frame rates; I suppose if I can't run it properly I'll be able to keep it somewhere safe until I have a graphics card that's up to the task. If it's any help, I can run Battlefield 3 at about 20fps on Low settings at 1080p, and 25-35fps on Low at ~720p. Thanks again guys!

What kind of FPS do you get on OFF Ultimat?and if you dont mind me asking whats your processor,memory,etc....my ATI card settings for Woff  in CCC are here sir......hope it helps  

Anti-Aliasing Mode Override App settings

Anti-Aliasing Samples 8x

Filter Box

Anti-Aliasing Method Multisampling

Morpholological Filtering OFF

TEXTURE FILTERING

Anisotropic Filtering Override App Settings

Anistoropic Filtering level 8x

Texture Filtering Quality Standard

Surface Format Opt ON

Wait for vertical Refresh Off,unless App specifies

OpenGL Triple Buffering Off

Tessellation Mode Amd optimized

Maximum Tessellation Amd Optimized

Also Guys im using the AMD 13.11 Beta v6 drivers...getting great results on a lower end system

Hi Adger1971, my specs are as follows:

• Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM (think it's 1333MHz)
  • AMD HD6670 2GB GDDR3
  • 2 x 2TB SATA Hard Drive

I can't give you my frames for OFF at the moment because I'm at university for now, and hence don't have access to my machine. I'm getting home on the weekend so I'll be sure to put it up then! From memory though, I would say about 15-30fps when starting a mission on the ground at an airbase, then anywhere between 30-60fps while flying depending largely on the weather.

Thanks again!

Edited by theultimat

Your setup seems to kick ass on mine Ultimat...i close down any unnecessary background apps before launching WOFF,my quad core processor i believe is slower (phenom 2 @ 3.5 ghz oc) only 4 gb of DDR2,and like i mentioned a 1GB 5770,im just wondering if there,s anything that may be eating at your system resources ,but if not it looks great with AF set to 8 and AA set to 8...do it all in Catalyst control centre  Sir.Any info you require please dont hesitate to ask ......Regards, Adger

Yeah, it's a great system with the exception of the grahpics card - that's the only thing that's worrying me. Still, I can't do anything about it until I get back home, so I'll post an update here when I'm able to provide more details. Thanks again for all the help, sir! :salute:

I have a decent CPU (AMD Phenom 965 @ 3.8Ghz) and 7Gb of memory (4Gb new, used to be 4 x 1 Gb, now 4 + 3 x 1Gb)  BUT only an HD6450 1Gb graphics card.  WOFF runs (with one Be2c) at 28-30 fps, but smoothly, with no stuttering or jagged lines.  I'll keep on running WOFF with this setup as I can't afford a better graphics card now, but it seems ok to me  :biggrin: 

Hey, Duke, I'm running WOFF on Win7 (32bit) and it works fine.

I see no good reason why it shouldn't work on XP?

I must say that so far my older system is running WOFF very well.  With sliders on 5-3-4-5-5 I am seeing wonderfully smooth performance with the both the sim and TrackIR.  And I haven't even gotten deep into tweaking any settings yet.   :smile:

I must say that so far my older system is running WOFF very well.  With sliders on 5-3-4-5-5 I am seeing wonderfully smooth performance with the both the sim and TrackIR.  And I haven't even gotten deep into tweaking any settings yet.

Same settings here, Lou, and running smooth to on a Win7 (32bit) system.

Well fellows, this is excellent news indeed! I hope to see you back in skies soon, and thanks for all your help!

OK  guys, what sort of fps rate would you consider at low, medium and good rate?    This depending on the graphics cards that are used...

Hey, Duke, I'm running WOFF on Win7 (32bit) and it works fine.

I see no good reason why it shouldn't work on XP?

I agree sir! Just waiting for the delivery of WOFF now.

I posted a load of info with screenshots here Ultimat....hope it helps you and others.............http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3879049/I_Hope_to_help_people_get_more#Post3879049

Thanks, I don't really check the other forums at all so cheers for the link!

Also, does anyone know what the "gpu" number means on all the screenshots? I would have assumed it's memory consumption, but that doesn't make sense given what it says compared to your card.

Yeah ive asked the same question Ultimat.....no reply as yet good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

I must say that so far my older system is running WOFF very well.  With sliders on 5-3-4-5-5 I am seeing wonderfully smooth performance with the both the sim and TrackIR.  And I haven't even gotten deep into tweaking any settings yet.   :smile:

Hi Lou, that's great news...I wonder if you would be kind enough to share your settings (beyond sliders, that is; eg other workshop settings, NVCP, including those specific to SLI systems, and/or any 3rd-party utils like Inspecter, Nhancer, start-up killers, etc).

Thank you in advance sir :)

Well fellows, I have excellent news! WOFF runs much better than OFF, with my frames never dropping below 45 even on an airfield! When I first ran it, I got never above 25 fps, but chaning AA to 2x from 8x and terrain texture detail to normal gave me almost double the performace! Thanks for everyone's help in this thread, it's really wonderful.

See you all in the skies soon gents.

• Like 1